Soliciting for money on this site is NOT acceptable

by Simon 31 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

PMing other members of this site asking for money is UNACCEPTABLE and will not be tollerated under any circumstances, especially if it seems like you are targeting someone who seems to be especially kind and maybe a little old. That is low.

If you do this, you will be classified as a scammer and your account deleted. So don't ask. I don't care what the reasons given are.

If someone offers money then fine although I'd warn anyone against falling for sob-stories they read on the internet. By all means, help anyone you know personally who is in need but do risk not throwing your money away.

• mind blown
    mind blown

bump

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Amen!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Ok, can I borrow some money then? I swear I will give it back

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have to say I was quite taken aback when I saw the posts this morning which Simon is referring to, but then considering who the "beggar" was I shouldn't have been

• free2beme
    free2beme

Kind of in line with a thread I posted recently ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/251515/1/Safety-Annoucement-on-SCAMS

I have people at my desk daily who lost thousands and thousands of dollars. Most did this out of the kindness of their hearts, or a desire to get out of the hole of a mess with money. It happens, people do not know how dishonest people are and want to trust people. It is sad, but people fall for these things all the time. That is why they exist.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

No one would bother to PM me about money. Rands do not go very far in the US / UK / OZ.

free2beme - there are so so many scams in South Africa and sadly many of the very poor and uneducated fall for it. All you needs is a a feww of R20 or something like that from a good few thousand people and you have a ton of money.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Some eldery women in the Northern Mid-West lost $600,000 sending money to people she thought were her friends and she spent cash to those Nigerians who promised her $20,000,000 in Oil Money and the Royal Treasure of King Julian, Maurince and Mort!

Those Nigerian Princes were emailing me last week with a new scam, I kid you not!

"DEER SIR,

I TELL YOU YOU ARE IN THE ROYAL LINE OF THE KING, I HERE TO HELP YOU GET THE THRONE OF CROWD.

FOR 5000 EUROS YOU WILL BE KING OF NIGERIA, YOUR PEOPLE AWAIT YOU TO TRANSCEND THE THRONE!"

I am not black, and I am not Nigerian!

• steve2
    steve2

Good clear warning. Similarly, from the point of view of a prospective giver, the old English aphorism applies, A fool and his money are soon parted.

• still thinking
    still thinking

OMG! who is soliciting for money? How dispicable...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit