Biggest issue effecting apostates

by joe134cd 28 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I got to thinking today & you know what I think the single biggest issue effecting apostates are. Its they cannot unite and this is what gives the watchtower the upper hand. What needs to happen (and quite honestly I don't think it will)they all have to come under one common body.

• bigmac
    bigmac

why?

being an "apostate" isnt a religion---its just a label some of us were given when we walked away of our own free will.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

No Joe.

Did you miss what happened when some (since left) members here decided to do just what you speak off?

Trainwreck...

Oz

• Giordano
    Giordano

For those who have no interest in any religion but are interested in making this world a better place to live in the Secular Humanism movement is organized and functioning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism.

The biggest issue affecting apostates is shunning. It is the discipline of weak minded religions who have weak minded followers. It is a form of torture and should not be tolerated.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm an Apostate and proud , I have no issues, "unity" is a cult like phrase that makes me pleased not to be part of, ex JW's move in a variety of area's agnostics/atheists, evangelical christianity, Far Eastern philosophies, Bible Student groups, main stream Christianity, Islam and even Hinduism, having the upper hand is having the choice and freedom to go wherever you want.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't consider myself an Apostate as in "activist", but I have been to many Apostfests and so on as a social thing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You cannot unite, nor would you want to, a bunch of individual, free thinkers who share just 1 common experience.

• JWOP
    JWOP

What would be the purpose for uniting? I mean, all who are slapped with the label of "Apostate" have left for different, individual reasons. There would have to be a common factor, and a reason, for making a united front.

If, instead, you actually mean that ex-Dubs should unite to expose the WT for what it really is, then that can include anyone, not just "Apostates". AND, there is a new group that is already doing that: AAWA (which has already been discussed on this site).

• KatyMomof2
    KatyMomof2

I would not call "apostate" a religion but get togethers should be considered a "support group". For many of us, we are recovering from a childhood of mental torture, brainwashing, neglect, social isolation and ignorance. It's a strange world for us and we see things very differently from everyone else. True story.... I went to a wedding in a church ( as ex JW's know. this is a BIG no no ) I sat in the church and admired it's beauty and was not paying attention to the ceremony. Suddenly the priest said something like "and god be with you". Then the entire church all at the same time said " and be with you". I literally jumped in my seat!! I had never heard this before and I sounded like a sacrafice ritual. I looked to my boyfriend and said " what the hell was that! " It was normal for him raised as catholic. I was confused and a little terrified. These are things that everyday people know? I once told someone on ash wednesday that they had a little dirt on their forehead. I didn't know what it was and once explained to me I was very embarrassed. Sometimes I feel socially stupid.

• Glander
    Glander

joe134cd - your missing a basic flaw in your vision.

We are JW apostates. This group agrees on one issue - the Watchtower Society cult.

Otherwise we are:

born again Christians

athiests

heterosexual

homosexual

politically liberal

politically conservative

DF'd JW's

Faded JW's

Active JW's

Never a JW

Studying with JW's

joiners

loners

This is what makes us effective in our anti-Watchtower efforts.

Nothing would give the Watchtower an easier task than for all XJW's to coalesce under a corporation, society, club or entity that they could focus on.

Wrong way to go, well intentioned though it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit