Biggest issue effecting apostates

by joe134cd 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

What Glander said makes us more threatening to the WT cult than any single group. The word gets out in so many diffrent ways than it would under one united banner. If you look at it that way all of us have been doing our job of letting people know. Totally ADD

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I do not feel that JWs, ex-JWs, and people, who have been adversely affected by the WTBTS, need to unite under one cause. I do wish that there was a forum on JWN where people could share ideas about empowering JWs to critically think for themselves and thus eventually change the WTBTS. JWN has a wealth of knowledge, but it is sort of like a junk drawer stuff goes in, but try to find it later to use it - Good Luck!

Personally I feel the biggest issue affecting JWs and non-JWs is that the WTBTS is a dangerous cult. The WTBTS victimizes JWs, protects pedophiles because the WTBTS does not want the bad image of pedophile JWs, and victmizes relationships by promoting shunning.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

US vs THEM= CULT MENTALITY

• moshe
    moshe

Being an ex-JW/apostate is not important to my daily life- in fact, those who turn this anti-WT agenda into a fulltime quest will take time away from secular work, retirement planning and having healthy relationships with regular people.- I have stayed longer than I should have, as the revolving door of new faders looks the same as the group who came through last year- and the year before that, etc. I am curious to see how JWs handle the new idea that the GB is the F&DS and forget that the worldwide annointed were part of the F&DS. I would bet that there won't be any revolt at the KH.

The leaning Tower of Pisa hasn't fallen over yet and with similar human intervention the GB will keep the WT publishing company in business servicing the JW community- meat in due season is coming your way!

• ssn587
    ssn587

Yes apostate is a label and not a good one as far as the jdubs are concerned. I pointed out to an elder one day, that the congregations are full of apostates in the jdub meaning of the word, he was shocked, well i said, if most came from another religion to being a witness, doesn't that make them apostates since they left what they had first been? He was silent for several minutes and then replied well yes in that way but!!!!!!

So I then said well why aren't you shunning them? I left it at that and we went on to something else. he always looked at me with a jaundiced eye from that time on, and avoided talking with me. I wondered if what i had told him made him really think about how they treated those that left for whatever reason after that.

• 5go
    5go

The biggest issue we face is letting them define us. Just walk away and define yourself. If you stay bitter and protest you are giving them the ammo they need to keep the faithful going and they win the war of over their minds. If you move on and are happy, with no intent on returning they lose the ammo that keeps the faithful going and in turn lose the war of over their minds.

• steve2
    steve2

joe you do seem to start very interesting topics, but apart from the OP make no further comments. How come? Exchanges of information make for lively discussion as does responding to what posters say.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

ssn587:

Yes apostate is a label and not a good one as far as the jdubs are concerned. I pointed out to an elder one day, that the congregations are full of apostates in the jdub meaning of the word, he was shocked, well i said, if most came from another religion to being a witness, doesn't that make them apostates since they left what they had first been? He was silent for several minutes and then replied well yes in that way but!!!!!!

Yes, it makes some JWs a little uncomfortable when you 'misuse' their jargon.

When someone leaves another religion to become a JW, that's 'good', and if shunned by their family as a result, that's 'bad'. (g 7/09 pp. 28-29)

But when a person leaves JWs, perhaps joining another religion, that's 'bad', and being shunned by that person's family is not only 'good' but required. (w12 4/15 p. 12)

JWs love jargon. See also 'minister'.

• steve2
    steve2

Jeffro - you express well JWs own double standards in the way they speak: To apostasize from a church if Christendom to become a Witness is not apostasy at all, whereas to even doubt the GB is to risk being viewed by the Witnesses as an apostate. This type of double standard is essential within the JW mindset.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The biggest issue Affecting Apostates is the DF/Shunning policy, this has the Effect of making us very annoyed.

Sorry, I am a pedant. (therefore I prefer the spelling Apostasy rather than apostacy.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit