Biggest issue effecting apostates

by joe134cd 28 Replies latest jw friends

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

What is an apostate? A label determined by whom? Is that how you see yourself?

This is a good topic and I enjoyed reading all the comments. First, I think it is important to acknowledge that the Watchtower does not and will never have the upper hand, unless you allow it.

"How do you know that you are a member of the governing body?"

"Oh, I don't know. I just decided that I am."

"Oh, ok. Now I choose to BELIEVE that you are because you say so."

I looked up the word 'gullible' long time ago. Glad I did.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Phizzy:

The biggest issue Affecting Apostates is the DF/Shunning policy, this has the Effect of making us very annoyed.

Sorry, I am a pedant. (therefore I prefer the spelling Apostasy rather than apostacy.)

That's good. Apostacy isn't a word.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I see it differently. The main purpose of the WTB&TS is to remain in power. In contrast, the main purpose of apostates is to enjoy their hard earned freedom.

The opposite of love is not hate but indifference. Many of us are indifferent to the WT.

The WTBTS already robbed me of many years of abundant life. The best way to stop them is to mock them. They aren't worth our hate.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Ok have read the posts. Interesting. What I was meaning by the word "apostate" was not in the sense of a label, but in the sence of the Ex Jw movement. I suppose if you can think to the movie of "Bave Heart" about the Scott William Wallace. It wasn't until he managed to unite all the Scottish tribes that they realy had any fighting chance against the English. Although it eventually cost him his life he went down in history in bringing some of the biggest reforms to Scottish history. No doubt some of the tribes at the time had different ideas of democracy but it want until they put these differences aside and united that then they had to be taken seriously by the English. So who will be the next William Wallace??? Perhaps it will be the AAWA, but only time will tell. I hope this has given food for thought.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

And the above example is the perfect reason why the English (e.g WBTS) has the upper hand over the Ex JW movement (e.g Scottish tribes). Who will be the prophetic William Wallace. Like I said above only time will tell. But if there is to be any historical reform, it will be more effective in a single drive.

• prologos
    prologos

that history and like stoties are the reason we want to get off

and remain

SCOT FREE

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We don't want to be Scot free here on JWN, Cofty, Slimboy et al, I love those kilt wearing, caber tossing buggers !

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Prologos/phizzy = Great Scott's I think you might be right.(no pun intended)

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Biggest issue:

Deprogramming...

Beliefs

Values

Trust Issues

Social Network / Attitudes

Meaning

...lots to do on a personal level before taking on the dragon (at least for me).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit