CANADA: Jehovah's Witnesses appoint female 2015 District Convention Co-ordinator ???

by jwleaks 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

ALL ALONG THE WATCH TOWER: Annual convention returns next month

Cornwall Seaway News

May 04, 2015

CORNWALL, Ontario - It's nearly time for the annual pilgrimage to Cornwall for thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The faithful will start converging in Cornwall on June 12 for the first of three Watch Tower conventions being held at the Cornwall Civic Complex in the Ed Lumley Arena.

Altogether more than 7,500 delegates will be attending the three conventions, pumping in excess of $3.5 million dollars in economic benefits into the community, the city said Monday.

The first, three-day convention for English speaking Jehovah’s Witnesses is scheduled from June 12 to June 14. The second convention in English is from June 19 to June 21, and the last convention in French is June 26 to June 28.

Lynn Hess, one of the local convention co-ordinators, said programs at the conventions will feature important information for families.

“All of us are deeply affected by the events of our time, and we do need guidance,” she said.

Full News Report

• steve2
    steve2
    Is this a first? Or have other " sisters" been appointed coordinators and provided sound bites for the media in previous years?
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Maybe I'm missing it but I'm not sure where it says Lynn is a woman. This can commonly be a mans name.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ignoranceisbliss: Maybe I'm missing it but I'm not sure where it says Lynn is a woman. This can commonly be a mans name.

Lynn Hess, one of the local convention co-ordinators, said programs at the conventions will feature important information for families.

“All of us are deeply affected by the events of our time, and we do need guidance,she said.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Highly unlikely, woman are still observed as second rate people in the JW org.

They weren't even able to hold microphones when I was in .

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

This Lynn is a man,

Lynn Lundquist's "The Tetragrammaton and the Christian Greek Scriptures

• Splash
    Splash
    Her husband must be a big hitter.
  • blondie
    blondie

Never heard of guy named Lynn? I work with 3 men named Lynn.

BUT the reporter seems confused then

“All of us are deeply affected by the events of our time, and we do need guidance,” she said.

• darkspilver
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    A mistake in pronoun selection by the paper. There is absolutly no way a sister is convention coordinator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit