Ripping a person’s faith away, a heavy responsibility?

by Seraphim23 207 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm not sure I've ever read posts from people that are purely sarcastic with no constructive ideas at all. People can and do get sarcastic. But I don't know of anyone that only does this.

Yes people loose the plot sometimes...and that is a very human trait. If we can tolerate that from others...we can hope for it in return FROM others when we loose the plot.

• talesin
    talesin

I so agree with everything you say, ST... but WE are not the folks I am talking about.

YOU do not call someone a 'moron' because they believe in the bible god... YOU are not the person who cuts others in a nasty, sarcastic way when they are 'true believers' ... so YOU are not one of the folks I am talking about, nor must you defend their actions.

that's all

xo

tal

• still thinking
    still thinking

oh, hell,,, I feel like I'm on one of those religious threads, where no logic prevails.

LOL sorry bout that tal...You know I love you dearly and respect your ideas.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, really, you have not seen that behaviour?

Wow, just google it,,,,,,,,,,,,, there are lots of nasty, sarcastic remarks, calling those who have faith 'moronic' and 'stupid' ............ come on!

:(

• still thinking
    still thinking

Are we talking about on the Internet...or on JWN? I'm getting confused now. Is this a general comment about the world vs believers?

I have not seen anybody on JWN only ever post sarcastic comments. Some people do, but they also have constructive discussions too. Maybe I haven't been reading many 'god' threads lately...

• still thinking
    still thinking

I was recently looking at a CHRISTIAN forum where one christian referred to another christian as a "tool of darkness"....lol does that count? Is that a nasty thing to say to another believer? They got pretty upset about it.

If anyone is interested I'll PM you the link so you can see just how loving and 'nice' believers can be with each other when there are no atheists around to blame for their 'persecution'. It's been interesting to observe.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Thank you Seraphim,

"...

One thing being a JW taught me in coming out of it, was that holding truth provisionally is much wiser and allows kindness in dealing with others still trapped by it. Dogmatism is what they did so why should I be the same? In many ways it was dogmatism, not what they believed that was the evil. If they had allowed people to disagree, with some equity, then it would have not been a cult. So why is dogmatism applied so often to those who still hold views we now disagree with? I suggest that fighting fire with fire is not a good idea, but fighting fire with the lessons we should have leant because of being wrong at least once in our lives is better. Kindness and empathy would be better and more consistent with this I feel. No need to rip a foundation away instantly or without pause. Anger at the WT is also a factor here. I think some amount of taking it out on those still in it, to whatever degree, gets in the way of being consistent on this matter as well. (Wow! I loved that point Seraphim!)

Also if one is attacked, or feels attacked, and the two are not always the same thing, one will automatically go into defence mode and whatever we say, however true will not penetrate the mind at all. We might end up not helping them or ourselves, pointless!

If it is true, and I think it is true, that spiritual people preach best when no words are used but example is used, then the same would apply to anyone who thinks the facts are on their side. Obviously words are used but the principle counts I think. It is a question of emphasis and degree."

The anger and pent up rage with some individuals is going to give them a heart-attack or drive them insane because the Organization is here to stay for the long-run! Simon and many of you have provided us with much insight as well as a few of the long-time posters (Sorry, I cant think of their names who provide rational advice, not the advice to go out and protest and scream at the local JW gatherings and look like rageful anti-free speech or anti-religion individuals). I will not say protesting at the Kingdom Halls is inheritantly bad but I fear those with a good heart will be dismissed because we live in Times everyone is trying to be "Socially and Societally Correct and Pressured to understand all ideas, even the ones that are fringe to the modest members of the Left too.

• still thinking
    still thinking

that spiritual people preach best when no words are used but example is used

Spritual preople NEVER preach best. Because even if I think you are a nice person I will never put it down to belief in an invisible god. I will put it down to you being a nice person regardless of what belief you hold. Be it christian, muslim, hindu, buddhist or whatever. You being nice does not in any way verify your belief to me.

And that is such a WTS way of thinking....wives winning their husbands over without a word....LOL

It doesn't work. If we don't believe in your god...your god making an appearance or doing something tangeable will make us believe in him. Nothing you do or don't do will.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm talking on JWN. I've seen some VERY sarcastic comments .. come on, haven't we all?

yeah, we've all been there .......... look ... I just think that SOME atheists on this DB could show a bit more respect when they speak / debate with believers.

That is my WHOLE POINT.

Grow up, learn "Robert's Rules" (just for fun and education,,, who knows, you may apply that in your business life), and have respect for others' thought processes whilst you are seeking to destroy them! mwah haha

t

• talesin
    talesin

And damn!

Some folks are such parrots, that one can't help but slam them.

ST, you'se so smart!

ack,,, well, if it's gonna be a fight, at least I have the bestest by my side ,,,, mwah hahaha~!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit