Ripping a person’s faith away, a heavy responsibility?

by Seraphim23 207 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chuckling at jonesy.

S

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks Mrs J Same to you and all the other mothers here. We had a lovely lunch. Yum Cha....mmmmmmm And it was such a beautiful day we decided to take the kids out on a water taxi around the harbour.

Sorry for the total derailment of this VERY important thread...LOL

Back to normal programming.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Now...where was I? #%&*@# LOL

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think it possible to point out the logical fallacy of ideas that you disagree with, without using ridicule, and I see no point in using it. The person who's ideas you ridicule will be even less inclined to consider your opinion, because you said it in an insulting way. So then, what is the point of using ridicule? Almost every one here was at one time a Jehovah's Witness, but now know that they believed in a fallacy. If, as a brainwashed dub, you met an Athiest, would you have been inclined to listen to his arguments if he was condescending and used ridicule? I seriously doubt it. It doesn't mean you have to water down your beliefs, just use some consideration of the other person. It's a fine line some times. We have some great minds here, I have learned a lot. I just would like to see a little more civility, I do think many give up and leave because of the insulting tone of some posters.

• *lost*
    *lost*

st sorry i dint mean you personally, sorry, i menat in the generic. my apologies,.

• *lost*
    *lost*

st sorry i dint mean you personally, sorry, i menat in the generic. my apologies,.

• *lost*
    *lost*

• *lost*
    *lost*

• *lost*
    *lost*

mrs jones - your chooice to interact with me. not looking good !!!!!!!

lmfao. presumptious much, what makes you think I want to interact with YOU !!!

more like you jumped in on account of yone of your buddies - is suspect, allegeadly apparently, possibly...

• *lost*
    *lost*

lisa rose bang on girl

people just get sick to the back teeth of the constant little snipes and digs.

it gets boring there are better things to do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit