What is the most damning watchtower publication?

by zound 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Actually, pretty much everything concerning any significant JW doctrine--especially those regarding End Times and the alleged appointment of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"--that they have published prior to the July 15, 2013 WT 1 is now out of date and wrong.

Pick any WT publication dealing with any doctrine which has now been changed and compare it to the "New Light" and judge for yourself the accuracy of this religion.

Here are a couple of notable examples:

If they are right now, then they were wrong before. There is simply no way around this logical truth.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

1 - I realize that this was announced first at the Annual Meeting on October 6th last year and then published on the jw.org website on November 9, 2012, but the general JW population didn't become aware of it until later. Probably many still don't know and won't until they study the 7/15/2013 WT in September.

• Ding
    Ding

Following up on Oubliette's post, at various times in WT history, they have taught that the FDS is:

-- All anointed Christians

-- All anointed Christians who serve actively and rightly divide the word of truth

-- A single individual, not a group

-- Pastor Russell

-- All anointed Christians who serve actively and rightly divide the word of truth

-- The remnant of all anointed Christians who are still on earth

-- The GB when acting as a group dispensing spiritual food

Whoever the FDS is, one thing is clear: They/he are God's sole channel of communication in the last days, and whatever they/he teach is the truth until they/he change it because the light keeps getting brighter and brighter.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was thinking maybe the trinity brochure with all the misquotes and naked deceptions.

This may be more useful, because it simply cannot be dismissed as old light as it is still in print.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php

• james_woods
    james_woods

The Awake magazine with the pictures of children killed by the blood transfusion doctrine - and CELEBRATING their deaths.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The amazing thing about the Watchtower Quotes website is that it proves how wrong this religion is by ONLY using quotes from their own literature and generally doing so without commentary!

Let the contradictions and flip-flops speak for themselves.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Believe it or not, but I found a Catholic website that has most of the old Russell & Rutherfraud writings, books etc:

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/jwhistory.html

This might help in arguing if the name Jehovah is correct or not. I did a scan from our Greek Diaglott 1942 edition published by the WTBT$ of Rom 10:13 [God or Jesus?] on another topic: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/251494/2/HA-Take-that-Watchtower-One-less-Borg-for-you

If you need anything else, I should be able to find it for you. Just let me know

NE

• blondie
    blondie

When I started actually reading the NWT and just not snippets in the publications and reading it in context, I had many, many questions and saw that the WTS doctrines did not even match up with the so-called basis of their beliefs.

Number one, reading that Canaanite children were all killed

Number two, that a single woman who was raped was forced to marry her rapist and her rapist paid her father for her.

Number three, that Deut. 7:3,4 applied only to not marrying Canaanites but that they could marry non-Israelites, Deut. 21:10-14

• whathappened
    whathappened

The Revelation Climax book was the one that truly convinced me how delusional the Watchtower Society was. They apply a lot of Scriptures to themselves. It is preposturous.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Revelation - It's Grand Climax At Hand! was the publication that stumbled me the most. I could never get my head around the seven trumpet blasts in the Apocalypse being a series of JW conventions in the 1920's

Ditto for me! Of course it was on the third time through that piece of schnitt that the scales fell from my eyes.

• talesin
    talesin

I would think that for the average NON JW person, it would be the Witchtower and Asleep! .....

Also, any 'thinking' JW only needs these two easily-available magazines to damn the Tower.

I say this in the spirit of KISS ---- Keep It Simple Stupid. (yes, I know that it is NOW politically incorrect to say 'stupid', but the acronym is almost divine!)

To anyone who is OPEN, the "diseased apostate article" will be quite damning.

And how about all the pre-1975 articles and 'admonitions' .....Oh, and go back further, to the 40s and 50s and earlier ... it's easy to see, in their OH SO PUBLIC WT TM and AWAKE! TM ,,, how they flip-flopped and said RIDICULOUS things!

If you want to do some research on this, one of the JWN members, Martin Shilmer (oops, or is it Marvin?), has a great site. He has done much research, and with scanned copies of original articles, and his well-informed commentary, eloquently points out the obfuscation and bullshit of the WTB&TS TM .

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit