What is the most damning watchtower publication?

by zound 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zound
    zound

I want to purchase a couple of vintage Watchtower publications to help in my helping JW's break free. Some of the older ones are expensive or hard to come by - I know you can buy them on cd's but I'd like to own one or two of the "classics of propaganda"- some of the ones that speak for themselves as to the ridiculousness of this religion.

Of course any magazine I pick up today speaks to ME of the ridiculousness, but you need something much more hardcore for the JW's.

Any recommendations?

"Children" has some pretty good quotes in it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Newer stuff has more impact on jws. They tend to view rutherford stuff as ancient history, thus of noninterest.

S

• Ding
    Ding

The Finished Mystery (1918), which was published right before Jesus supposedly inspected the organization and appointed the WT leaders to be his faithful and discreet slave. The book is filled with nonsense. Several JWN threads document it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

1969 Awake! magazine bound volume

• never a jw
    never a jw

Dont spend money on those books. Go to archive.org. I found so much in that place. Just about all the WT since 1879, most golden age, just about all of Rutherford's garbage, most of Russell's garbage too. PM me if you are interested in my 5 Gigabyte watchtower library.

The most damning publication is the Watchtower to the public of October and November 2011. The two part article "When was ancient Jerusalem Destroyed" contains the boldest, most shameless lie ever written by the WT. It contains plenty more.

• biometrics
    biometrics

never a jw could you create a torrent for that library, or upload it somewhere. I'd love to have a copy.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Biometrics,

I have no idea what torrent is. Advise. Or give me sometime to research.

Also, I would be more than happy to put it in DVD's and mail it to you. Free!! (in the U.S)

• biometrics
    biometrics

never a jw,

I've sent you a message.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Early 1961 Asleep! articles.

Whatever you choose, it is about how you get them to explain the problems in the articles, rather than how you explain the articles to them. Learn how to ask a question then shut up and let them try to talk their way out of their hole, only asking more questions when they try to scam you.

Make them be dishonest with you, then make them explain their dishonesty.

• zound
    zound

Thanks neverajw. I'm actually in Australia. If you could get the torrent thing working it would be great for many on here I'm guessing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit