Pumping up Field Service Time to the Billions of Hours

by RayPublisher 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

We know that WT has been inflating the hours spent for a long time so that their "growth" looks good on paper and for bragging rights.

Here is a quote from the 2008 KM:

-------------------------------------------------------------

*** km 9/08 p. 3 Question Box ***
    ? May both parents report the time used for the regular family study?

In the past, only the parent conducting a family study with unbaptized children would report the time, even when both parents were involved in the discussion.

However, this is being adjusted. If during the family study both parents share together in teaching the children, then both may count a maximum of one hour a week as field service. Of course, parents generally spend much more than one hour a week teaching their children. Training children involves constant effort on the part of both parents. (Deut. 6:6-9) However, the monthly field service report should reflect primarily what is being accomplished in the field. Therefore, no more than one hour a week is to be counted, even if the study lasts longer than an hour, is conducted more than once a week, or separate studies are conducted with the children. Only one parent would report the family Bible study and up to one return visit each week that the study was conducted.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So since 2008 DOUBLE the # of family study hours and RVs are counted. Also most of the Dubbs count time "creatively" so the billions of hours reported in "field serve-us" has to be way less, maybe only half of their figures IMO...

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

How many hours are required to bring in one newly baptized publisher? Surely there is a mathmatical equation to be found given the statistics that are released.

• sir82
    sir82

The number of hours spent preaching goes up, up, up - in the latest yearbook it is something like 1.7 billion.

Yet the number of new baptisms goes down, down, down - from 370,000+ per year in the 90's to 250,000 or so now.

The GB is quite aware of that and I'm sure it frustrates them. They almost certainly mutter about "JW slackers".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

don't we love the shell game in reporting time. I'm waiting for dream witnessing, an untapped territory

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Plus those that turn in a slip ever month with a few hours, RVs, and mag placements even though they haven't been out at all.

I've realized over the last few years that there are more people that do that then I ever imagined growing up.

I've also been very surprised to discover how many parents are likely relying SOLELY on their Family Worship Night TM time for their slip. I laughed to myself when some friends of mine started doing that pretty much as soon as their first child was born.

• steve2
    steve2

My sensitive Christian conscience impels me to anxiously inquire: Can a Christian woman in good conscience read The Bible to her unborn child and count time?

While each pregnant Christian must decide for herself whether she will confine her ministering to her unborn child to reading Scriptures, the brothers strongly encourage the need for Christian women to supplement Bible reading to their unborn child with My Book of Bible Stories. Under that specific circumstance, sisters may count time. Remember it is these publications that have been lovingly prepared by Jehovah's earthly organization; inculcating the Kingdom message cannot begin soon enough.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ray,

We know that WT has been inflating the hours spent for a long time so that their "growth" looks good on paper and for bragging rights.

They(the GB) really need to focus on other things if their corporation is going to turn a profit especially now with the internet and electronics being what they are. This focus on feildservice hours by the Governing Body shows they don't have a clue what real CEOs are supposed to do to run this thing they are all out of focus with magical thinking and so they make these useless comparisons that point them in the wrong direction. And add to that a strong dose of wishful thinking you have information being inflated to serve its intended purpose declarring all is well with the Organization only to for-stall a more serious head on collision with the reality of hard facts in the future.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I wish they'd just get off this shit about reporting time. If guilting people into preaching for them by time reporting requirements is their only way to distribute their literature, then this organisation has serious motivational problems. I think it's counter-productive and only encourages quantity over quality.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Deep down, people tend to know they fudge their hours and some are moved to drop an extra dollars/rupees in the box to ease their guilt.

They all see that as a WIN-WIN situation.

The number of "counted" hours at Starbucks/Tim Horton's/Dunkin Donuts could be in the tens of millions each year.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

New arrangement for June...

During Saturday morning Field Service activities, publishers may now count up to 30 minutes for time spent drinking coffee at Starbucks or Dunkin Doughnuts as long as they have at least two magazines visible at all times. These magazines may be held in one hand while drinking your coffee with the other hand. Also, these magazines may not be more than 2 months old. Alternatively, you may wish to have Bible discussions with your car group while having coffee at these establishments as long as this conversation can be heard at the next table or tables. It will be a conscience matter whether you believe the next table has heard your theocratic conversation sufficiently to count 30 minutes of time. If you have any questions about this loving arrangement by the Faithful and Discreet Slave, please speak to your congregation's sevice overseer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit