Who prayed for a "blessing" and didn't get one?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Me...for most of my life.

What about you?

Just Lois

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Yep, me too.

As hubby & I age and we have no retirement, no pension, no money, no careers [thanks to WTBT$]

I keep praying for armeggeddon to come soon.

Nothing.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Hamlet is pointing out how little even the most educated people can explain quite how that answers your question I am not sure but we might have received blessing we didn't ask for.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I prayed for relief from a problem and "waited on Jehovah" for many years. I finally fixed the problem myself. I did it with no support from the congregation and no help from any of the brothers. And it was bloody hard. That's how I know there was no "god" helping me - I did it all by myself.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Wow really? All those years ago you could have fixed it and were talked out of it? That's mad. That's probably why JWs often seem stuck in a rut.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

All my problems were either not resolved or resolved by myself or with help from non JW friends.

I therefore conclude god doesn't exist or worse..........is a spiteful bustard!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know of lot of single sisters that would say yes to that. They would dismiss it though, saying that God knew better than them, which was his blessing.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I was one of them til I was 29, JWFacts. I got lucky though. Others don't: they marry a drop kick out of desperation or are 40 and live with their mums!

• hoser
    hoser

I make my own blessings. You have to act in harmony with your prayers is what they always told me which means Jehovah isn't gonna do anything unless you do something. So i just did myself.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Where was god when Fritzel was abusing those poor children?

Where was god when Hitler was killing innocent people?

Where was god when I begged for his help?

Does god ignore Austrians and punks more than he ignores everyone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit