Who prayed for a "blessing" and didn't get one?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I had to work hard for what I have...I wasn't much of a person who prayed, unless it was at the khall....when I first started to learn TTATT, I prayed a lot that my family & loved ones would somehow be awakened...on the contrary, they've become more fanatics in their worship to the borg.

Kool Jo

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's weird. God leaves us alone so we can figure it out ourselves. We get it wrong and he'll lovingly torture/murder us. Yet it's all part of his plan. Hmmmm!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I noticed that despite what I prayed for I only received what I worked for or took action on. If I prayed and just waited for it to happen I got zero, zilch, nada.

I'm sure people on government assistance pray and so does Richard Branson...yet, one of these is not like the other ;)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I keep praying for armeggeddon to come soon.

How many millions or billions of times over the past 20-50 centuries have God's servants prayed for that?

And yet, here we are......

God has his schedule, and no amount of prayer will change it.

Sad, isn't it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I know of lot of single sisters that would say yes to that. They would dismiss it though, saying that God knew better than them, which was his blessing.____JWFACTS

LOL, Yea I prayed when I was available , guys would approach me and I would politely decline thier invite

If it was God that sent 'em. I found out quick that me and God didn't always have the same taste

The best anyone can pray for is havin' a true friend in a love

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. Emo Phillips

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember and regret reading the "Generation that will not pass away" magazine.

My life at the time was terrible - a very low wage job, yet still struggling to go out on door to bore misery most days of the week, in shoes that leaked, and living on potatoes and eggs.

That magazine moved me sooo much, I prayed to jehovah "please take the helm " and guide my life.

After that everything, especially to do with Da Troof went tits up. An elder said I was not making enough sacrifices for jehoobie. Slander spite ostracism. maybe God did guide me - away from this pit of vipers.

HB

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

who prayed for a blessing and didn't get one? Everyone who ever prayed, that's who.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hortensia...lol lol

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit