Has Your Heart and Mind Changed About Hiring JWs To Fill Job Openings?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

When Katrina destroyed the South, Brother Scammer begged three other contractors to go down to the South to make their fortune with his genius!

Scammer took the insurance money from four houses (your paid in installments, not all the funds are released, only a portion 10% to 20% depending on the reputation of the contractor and the Insurance Company) and left to another State. Brother Scammer left behind brothers "Goofus", "dingleberry" and "Goober" to answer all the questions (like where is the insurance money? when is my house going to get built?) and use their own money to rebuild the homes "Where did brother elder Scammer go?"

These three idiots worked for "brother Scamus", listened to his excuses why they were not paid for over six weeks and finally the three brothers asked if the local Kingdum Hall could buy them a Gray Hound ticket home. Brother Scammer was never charged with fraud, "Dingus, Goofus and Dingleberry" were 1099'ed by Brother Scammer for money they never received!

I know brother Scammer had friends on the top, how else did he avoid being disfellowshiped for insurance fraud and stealing from two elders and a MS?

The IRS had all three brothers wages garnished for over three years until me and another brother helped these idiots get out of this mess and get their money back(the money the IRS asked for, not the money Scammer stold from them and those brothers in the South).... (I have to be safe, goofus is no longer a JW and might see his story here). Three years our brothers suffered and brother Scammer is serving at the Kingdom Hall in Arizona as I write this!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I've had quite a few work for me through the years. Some I knew needed work and I could help. But it was always disasterous. It seemed like they wanted special attention and privileges just because we knew each other. It was really difficult, and many bad feelings. So I decided long before I left, no JW's.

As an exJW, I would not...I'm fully into the holidays and birthday cake...it would be difficult and bring back bad memories.

• Unicorns
    Unicorns

Considering that it would be discrimination to not hire someone based on their religion, then my answer would be no, the fact that they're Witnesses would not affect my decision to hire/not hire. They should be judged on their own merits, just like everyone else.

My Dad, who is still in, ran a construction business, and he worked his ass off to provide for us. Sometimes he would have to work the entire week though, and there were quite a few times that he would be gone from 7:30 am straight through to 6 or 7 pm. And yes, sometime that meant having to stay home from the meetings or service. It was hard phsyical labour, but my Dad was very proud of the work that he did. He paid his employees well, often gave them advances if they asked for them, and absolutely refused to do 'cash jobs', no matter how often he was asked, because he sincerely felt that it was dishonest to not charge taxes on his jobs.

My parents friends were the same way - they all worked really hard at their jobs and took a real interest in the work that they did. Hell, one of my parents friends was so good at his job that he used to get invited on a local DIY TV program to instruct viewers on how to do their own home repairs. Another one of their friends would spend a large portion of his spare time helping people in the congregation with home or auto repairs.

Just because they belong to this insane religion and have some crazy beliefs does not automatically mean that they have a poor work ethic. Neither are they all ethical hard workers. It's the same with any group of people - you'll have those who will try and get away with as much as they can provided they don't get caught, those who do exactly what is required of them, nothing less, nothing more and those who take pride in their work and will do the best job that they can. Knowing how hard my parents and their friends worked, it just seems really unfair to label all Witnesses as being lazy and dishonest.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

UNICORNS:

I know it must hurt you to read bad reports about JWs, and I am sure they are not all lazy and dishonest. I myself know many who are not.

But, from what I read here, plus what I have heard myself, their reputation has slipped quite a bit from years ago. Not a good review of the "happiest people"!

ARBOLES:

This story made me ill. Did anybody report him?

There are "worldly" people with higher ethics!

• Unicorns
    Unicorns

It doesn't bother me in the least to hear bad things about Witnesses. We had some real losers in our congregation. There was a reason why I preferred to hang out with non-JW's when I was a kid. I'm just saying that it's not exactly fair to assume that someone is going to be a shitty employee just because they're JW. And it's flat out illegal to not hire someone based on their religion.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" With money there is very little difference in how witnesses and worldly people behave.well that's my take on it. "

I've noticed that too. When it comes to money, a person's real colours will always show.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I know a manager of a large complex, here, a JW elder,

he is sexist, talks down to women, is deceptive,

leading you to believe he is your advocate,

and then pulling the rug out from under you.

The Watchtower teaches dishonety

because the governing body is dishonest,

the Watchtower teaches sexism and

male dominence over women.

The Watchtower never, ever, says they are sorry,

or accepts blame for their own mistakes or

resposibilty for harm to others,

their followers are the same,

disloyal, untrustworthy, dishonest.

Do not hire them if you value your business or your sanity.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...The are little better when building a kh..."
    zeb

Hi zeb,

Many ways to go

I think being a JW also trains you to be deceptive, and its a skill, once learnt, that can be hard to switch off. The reason is that the Watchtower sets standards for young people that are so unreasonable that the majority of people simply can never satisfy them. So in order just to get by young Witnesses learn to lie about what films they've seen, what music they listen to, whether they use facebook, romantic relationships in school and so on. Lying about who you really are is a Watchtower habit that can be difficult to shake off.

slimboyfat

Hi slimboyfat,

This is one my favorite. Thank you. I liked that. Its ways very true. Living the life of lie all their lives is what Jehovah's witnesses are unknowingly tought right from infancy.

Scott77

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I recently started my own business and choose not to answer the question.

• biometrics
    biometrics

As far as them being more honest or ethical. No I wouldn't use that reasoning to employ a JW.

When I was young I worked for a number of JWs. ALL of them under paid to some extent (according to minimum wage laws in Australia). One of them didn't pay my taxes to the tax department or my superannuation, another I took to industrial relations (in Australia) and got 12 months of back pay. At that time I knew some brothers claiming government benifits and doing cash work on the side to suppliment their pioneering lifestyle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit