Elder lost position for a poor Elvis impersonation singalong!!

by Witness 007 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismissing servant
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Elvis lives! Even in the wt.

S

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Administratively how would that be done? And about how many elders does your run of the mill Kingdom Hall have?

Once you're out of the boy's club, how long does it generally take to get back in? Wouldn't there have been some hard feelings on the part of "Elvis"? I mean, one Sunday you're glad handing you buddies at the old KH, then the next Sunday you're out.

What do elders do, exactly? What are their priviledges? Do you walk around telling boys their hair is too long and women that their hair isn't long enough? Do they do the anointing with oil of the sick? And how are they generally treated? With deference, like a cop who's pulled you over? Like clergymen in a Protestant church? Do they feel perfectly free to correct you and if they make a decision, can it be appealed up the chain of command?

Also, if you tick one off, is he likely to hold it against you and to use his administrative authority to "settle" the score? Or would most realize that would be an abuse of power? I'm just searching for general answers. I'm sure you've got your good ones and your bad ones. I've just never been clear on what sort of authority they have.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Treat me like a Fool/Treat me Mean and Cruel

Just let me/Be a JW!!

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

King David was immoral . Paul AKA Saul was immoral. Judge Rutherford was immoral with his Beth Serim big mansion and dropping Adolf Hitler a friendly letter. Charles T Russell was immoral with his so called miracle wheat. Peter was immoral denying Jesus. Fred Franz was immoral telling us to stay alive till 75. Nathan Knorr was immoral for signing allegience to the United States on his passport while telling the rest of his followers not to stand for the flag or National Anthem .

Jehovah Witnesses are immoral impersonating true christians. The Governing Body are immoral impersonating God's direct line of communication. So whats the big deal with an Elvis Impersonator Elvis wasn't immoral singing Reach out to Jesus and Old Shep ( unless you don't believe in a place where good doggies go) Even Judge Rutherford might have liked Jail House Rock especially if the warden threw a party. He also might have liked a few lines of Are You lonesome tonight do you miss me tonight are you sorry we drited apart while sitting in his cell waiting for a fullfillment of prophecy idea to develop in his brain.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Any thing that is just simple fun makes the elders and GB nervous, they can't tolerate it.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Dub elders impersonating Elvis were only demoted? They should be horse-whipped, tarred and feathered, and forced to be Mormons.

So should ANY Elvis impersonators.

So should Elvis, wherever he is.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Edmund Dantes

Just Lois

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

The Elder was dressed as the wrong "King."

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey aint nothin but apostate! Lyin all the time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit