I am what I am

by joe134cd 21 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Ding-I thought the same thing earlier today, 'why does the WTBTS ignore good works Jesus spoke of and focus only on field service?' Converts keep them in the cash. Giving to the poor, helping others would cost $$$, and we will have none of that!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

This thread is a breath of fresh air. I hate the hardcore JW hate threads. I understand the vitriol and its good to get things of your chest, but its even better to read the balanced views expressed on this thread.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

joe: " I would like to leave and guessing I probably will. But I suppose I can describe it to been like a bad marriage. You put up with it as best you can and just go with the flow. That's me. "

There is a process of identifiable steps one takes when leaving a cult. I'm not an expert, but from everything I've read here for years, you're about one-third of the way out. The actual getting-out is the most difficult. Then there is the rebuilding of a new life outside the cult.

I wish you well on your journey.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was much like you at one point. Something happened to force me out of the organization, and I left. It was only after a period of years had passed than I realized how much I had been manipulated. Understanding that there is something wrong with this organization is just the beginning. This org is affecting you in ways you will not understand until after you have been away a while. Eventually you will understand how wrong this religion is and you will be free. Once that happens, you will not want to gp back for any reason.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Lisa Rose wrote:This org is affecting you in

ways you will not understand

until after you have been away a while.

Listen to Lisa Rose, she is speaking the truth

in a very core essential way. You cannot violate

your own conscience and ignore your inner spirit

that is telling you, its wrong, something is seriously

wrong with this world view, as taught by the WT.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Joe134cd,

You mentioned being an "in the know" JW, is like being in a bad marriage. Just go with the flow. Take the good with the bad.

That is a good illustration...but the reality means not having a happy or fulfilled life or future.

Would you stay in your marriage if you knew your wife was lying to you daily?

If she was sleeping around with who knows what? Would you just casually get tested for STD's every month?

If you trusted her to put a portion of the families income into a Retirement Fund, depending on having a secure future, but you have doubts that she is really doing that?

Would you still just go, ho hum?

As already mentioned, there are some really fine JW's.

Many are now on this Board, myself included.

For some of us, they saw the corruption early, and never got baptized, others, were in for decades.

Some saw the hypocrisy as publishers, and had enough, and got out.

Others were Elders sitting on Judicial Committees, or gave talks at Circuit Assemblies or District Conventions.

As you read past posts you'll see we even have Bethelites and Gilead graduates here.

You are in the early stages of your fade.

You were lied to about so many things, for so many years, it does take time to recover from spiritual abuse.

I wish you happiness for your future and peace of mind.

Just Lois

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gosh yes, there are beautiful people in there. People often convert too out of sincerity, out of a genuine desire to please Jehovah and live the way Jesus taught us. That's why I joined. Those beautiful people are great company and yet they're held in a web of lies, manipulation and propaganda. It's so sad.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I'm right there with you man, you spoke my mind for me!

I don't know where I am, or who I am, or how things will pan out, I can't decide what to do, whether to speak up to all, just a few, or keep shtum and fade.

I've never felt so lost or alone and yet so excited! Odd way to be... Let's hope we find our way out of this mess...

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

and the down right jack ass things been done

The biggest down right jackass thing is the enforced shunning. Think about the grandparents who have never seen their grandchildren, the mothers and fathers who are pushed away by their children, the children who are pushed away by their parents.

It's sickening.

I'd be the first to agree that there are a lot of kindhearted and well-meaning JWs. But they are active participants in an abusive religious system.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Just take your time to figure things out, I suspect there are a lot more people who are still active in the org who feel the same way as you than what you think. There are many lovely people in the org, some who sincerely believe it all, others who have doubts but enjoy the social life and think that there might be a tiny chance that armagedon might come one day! You might find that you are able to keep going in order to keep family and friends, or you might just reach the point where you can't stand it any more and you'll leave, who knows. The main thing is that you have your own mind and you are able to exercise your own free will. Wishing you all the best, whatever you eventually decide to do :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit