I am what I am

by joe134cd 21 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking today. You know I don't really know what I am. I heard the term been frazed as a "neutral witness". I think that's what best describes me. I can see the inconsistencies, the heavy handed tactics, and the down right jack ass things been done. But then I can also see sincere devout people who love God, its just the system they adhere to I disagree with. I would like to leave and guessing I probably will. But I suppose I can describe it to been like a bad marriage. You put up with it as best you can and just go with the flow. That's me.

• irondork
    irondork

There is no doubt that the JW organization is LOADED with true, sincere Christians who unquestionably have God's favor, even if they never awaken and make an exit from the cult.

“Get out of her, my people..." There is recognition there. He sees his people inside all of religion. It's not going to stop him from destroying it, hence the warning to those he recognizes as his own.

• designs
    designs

joe- There are good decent people in the KHs. I wish the Society would mature to where they would start broader socially based endeavors like food banks, women's shelters, environmental projects. They aren't there yet. Maybe after 2014 passes and the obvious non-show of Armageddon becomes more of a joke they will try to broaden themselves to become relevant.

• *lost*
    *lost*

joe unfortunately they are blinded to the truth about the organisation.

Yes like a bad marriage. Is it really worth wasting your life on it though being unhappy.

Don't know your age or details so don't want to presume your not happy. But I think if you were, you wouldn't be here.

It took me a long time to stop wasting anymore time (my life) being in a 'bad' (not really bad, bad - just the wrong person ). The cost was heavy. nearly destroyed me. But now I am happy. Life is richer, brighter, fuller.

It's not easy by all means.

One day at a time buddy.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Joe - Keep on thinking! I remember your early posts from a few weeks ago - you have some legitimate questions that need answers. Take your time.

As JW's, were are taught that "levels" of goodness exist and this idea is directly related to ones position in the congregation and the organization. Much like being in the army, some people are better at this sort of "rank" structure than others. Some people abuse the structure - use authority to control others, money, rewards, etc.

People in the congregation that are decent folks would be like this whether they were JW's or not. Think about it. Brothers and sisters you know that are kind, considerate, hospitable, forgiving, understanding, supportive...and happy...are like this with or without their JW suit on. They are just good human beings. Period.

• *lost*
    *lost*

ginge

• Satanus
    Satanus

That there are good people in a dumb religion kind of reassures me of the goodness in the human race. The animal instinct of being part of a herd, and following that herd leads a lot of good people down wasteful paths.

S

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

nice post joe. i wonder why i relate to your words so much? ;)

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

don't let'em off the hook they are who you thought they were.... a controling cult ... now you know

I love this clip ..

• Ding
    Ding

Designs said:

I wish that the Society would mature to where they would start broader socially based endeavors like food banks, women's shelters, environmental projects.

The same Bible author who said "faith without works is dead" stressed the importance of caring for widows and orphans.

Nonetheless, the WTS is all about field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit