Michael Jackson's kids decide no more going door-to-door

by Gopher 49 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW - we are off topic...

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

At age 15 had I told my folks that there would be no more field service for me, I would have been homeless.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Maybe "Logan's Shun".

NJY

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

How is this woman still allowed to go door to door, yet she's had well publicized birthday parties and Christmas celebrations? That's like some pioneer inviting the congregation to their bday and Xmas celebrations, yet they still turn in their hours, I have a feeling the average dub would be in that back room for a private meeting!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"I wonder at times if the WT knows just how many JWs secretly hate it."

That would be easy enough to determine: WT could simply make door-to-door preaching optional.

Then watch and see how many JWs actually continue doing it.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    How is this woman still allowed to go door to door, yet she's had well publicized birthday parties and Christmas celebrations? That's like some pioneer inviting the congregation to their bday and Xmas celebrations, yet they still turn in their hours, I have a feeling the average dub would be in that back room for a private meeting!

Please see my previous comment: It is all about the money. Follow the money. How is the artist formerly known as Prince getting away with what he does? How did Mickey Spillane? The Williams Sisters?

How popular is door-to-door service with the JW rank & file?

That would be easy enough to determine: WT could simply make door-to-door preaching optional.
    Then watch and see how many JWs actually continue doing it.

Exactly.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Or, continuing the above thought - go take a really close look at how many JWs are really, truly, doing door to door right now - even when it is required...

I would willingly bet that it is far less than 50% of them.

Back when I was in 35 years ago, I would say that well over half the ELDERS did not actually do it unless the Circuit Overseer was watching.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Good for her. She's one step closer to realizing it's a cult.

SKeeter

• Gopher
    Gopher

I also noted how Paris recently celebrated her 15th birthday with her bio mom - we know how the JW's would feel about that.

So if she's upholding her Christian values, they certainly aren't JW values. Again, good for Paris and her brother. It irritated me when JW's crowed how Michael turned these kids over to Katherine, as if he was endorsing the JW religion. (The way the JW elders and the WT Society treated Michael in the 1980's, I really doubt he had much love left for that religion.)

For their sake I'm glad they're coming out from under the clutches of Katherine and the Watchtower Society.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know they did what they could to appease their grandma. The most stable person in the f'd up family. But I'm glad to see that they can see the cult for what it is, and make an adult decision. Something most JW;s are incapable of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit