Thoughts on the new AAWA video and other things!!

by iamwhoiam 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

' The JW members are the WTS.'

Most of jws are there because they want to be there. Until they are ready to hear tatt, its just noise to them. I like that saying 'when the student is ready, the teacher will appear'. Nowadays, theres a lot of stuff waiting for a jw who is ready for the blue pill, or was it the red one.

S

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Simon it made them think before they started chopping (Bull-Doozing or Mowing, Clear Cutting) those giant Sequioas and Red Wood trees in Nothern California and Oregon down. Companies like Georgia Pacific, Lousianna, Scott and other pulp producers were not planting any new trees nor were they doing anything to help the Timber Lands recoup the tree loss.

Google Earth around Mt. Shasta and it look's like that giant Meteor that crashed in Siberia in the early 1900s that blew up Millions of Trees. Google Earth near the first Gold Rush (Sutter Mills) and you can see how their blew those mountains into bits by blasting them with hydro-pressure. Earth First, did get the Pulp Companies and other Toxic Companies to put back into the Earth. I do not know what radical actions it would take to get the Watchtower's attention other than massive lawsuits for cash from their pedophile lawsuits.

We do not have any radical elements of the Anti-JW side since Kool-Aid man made peace with the Organization!

• Simon
    Simon
    Eventually the Watchtower religion will reach a plateau of social acclimation that closer to social norms. It’s only a question of time, and influence. Religion after religion has walked the same path. AAWA is just trying to hurry Watchtower down the path a little faster than it would otherwise go.

I think it's the opposite. The reach of religion grows until you have bishops and priests sitting on policy panels and society accepts and ritualises their customs and they become so entrenched that idiotic followers want to stamp their religions name on the coinage and tag line of their country. Well, some countries.

Religion in general doesn't seem to be really 'improving' at all in any discernable way (although at least the inquisition and crusades are over).

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Sorry, claiming "good" dictionary definitions doesn't cut it with me and saying you are different because you use "words and logic" (I presume the implication is 'better') just comes across as arrogance.”

Simon,

What you write above is a good example of adult disagreement.

You characterize me as arrogant, even suggesting a bit of self-distinction on my part.

But it’s not given as insult.

It’s not given as insult because you objectively state your reasons and, more importantly, based on today’s experience and years’ past, I know if I asked that you answer for some detail you offer for your statement of me you’d oblige.

That you think I come across as arrogant and that you say so is perfectly fine with me and is not taken as insult so long as readers have opportunity to see your reason and that you’re willing to answer for them.

This is how I expect to be treated and is how I treat others. I say what I mean and why, and am willing to answer for it. This is neither intended as insult nor is it abusive.

Marvin Shilmer

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

We do not have any radical elements of the Anti-JW side since Kool-Aid man made peace with the Organization!

Wait, when did this happen?

• Simon
    Simon

Damn, I must be losing my touch. Back in the day I could hurl an insult clear across a football field. Now they mostly land at my feet ... LOL

Yes, your description is correct.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I am willing to bet when the pressure hits them directly (cash or personal jail time) they would be willing to change their methods…”

ÁrbolesdeArabia,

Historically and in contemporary terms what you suggest has influenced change in Watchtower one time after another.

Marvin Shilmer

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think radical elements do any good at all and only ever cause harm to a cause such as ours.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Those old Orson Wells Wine Commericals "We Shall Sell No Wine Before It's Time!" meaning No JW is going to wake up until they are treated badly by the Organization or her fellow friends in the Kingdom Hall. We remember how we had no problem speculating how we could endure the most savage persecution for the Brotherhood A.K.A. (The Governing Body) and our blind obedience was crazy when I look back at what a fool I was. How could I allow myself to tell a householder "Hey, here is a tract and a book", to which the householder say's "I will read your tract if you read mine" and I say "I already have the Truth, I do not need to learn anymore!"

This is the reasoning the AAWA is going to have to overcome, how do you wake up a group who has been conditioned to blindly agree with insane doctrine and fantasies?

"

The ONLY people the WTS cares about enough to change are its customers - current JWs. They are the ones that need to be convinced. Unfortunately, because of the control techniques most are not ready to listen.

Videos like this help people realise the truth of where they were once they wake up to it but it's difficult to 'force' someone to watch something when they have clear beliefs that they shouldn't."

Simon

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I think it's the opposite. The reach of religion grows until you have bishops and priests sitting on policy panels and society accepts and ritualises their customs and they become so entrenched that idiotic followers want to stamp their religions name on the coinage and tag line of their country.”

Simon,

And who that has suffered Watchtower’s brand of evil cares about any of that?

- We’re talking about reducing preventable mortality and morbidity due to Watchtower’s insane blood doctrine.

- We’re talking about reducing preventable mortality and morbidity due to Watchtower’s failure to encourage that all Witnesses report all cases of suspected child molestation to secular authorities.

- We’re talking about reducing a extent and type of shunning currently engaged by Watchtower.

In the end, I don’t really care what wacky thing some religion wants to teach and its worshippers want to accept and believe. What I care about is needless deaths and suffering, and reducing both. I think that’s what AAWA’s aim is too. If it’s something else it’s news to me.

Religions that have matured as you describe above stopped burning people at the stake centuries ago. This is the sort of social acclimation that Watchtower will eventually cede to. It’s only a matter of time, and some among us with experience and training want to help that along as best we can. Other’s want to organize to the same end.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit