Share the Craziest far out ideas/arguments you have heard about life in the "NEW SYSTEM"

by BU2B 47 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Really the whole thing is ludicrious but it is hilarious and sad at the same time to see grown people arguing about weather there will be cars, planes, eat meat, what about fish, etc in a place as imaginary as Oz, yet to them it is reality.

The teaching of a paradise earth was so illogical it really was the first thing that started me on the path to waking up. Just the thought that someone could greet their beloved spouse who had died only to come to the realization that they could never be together again struck me as so cruel, I didnt want to live there even if it was all true.

I have heard JWs say they think we might be able to fly, read minds since we will be able to use 100% and some seem to think life would be an endless vacation, with modern conveniences with no thought to all the processes and work that goes into something simple like a pencil. I love the article JWfacts has on the flaws of any theory or teaching of paradise earth.

What are some things you have heard discussed/argued in car groups, gatherings etc when you were in?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

One crazy old bird used to speculate that we would be sent off to populate other planets in the universe

• Think About It
    Think About It

All the speculation about burying those millions of people destroyed at Armaggedon, while at the same time discussing how things would be set up like a JW quick build camp, without even logically considering how massive their immagionary destruction would be, and the impact it would have on the logistics of them carrying out this undertaking.

• sir82
    sir82

Teleportation! (Star trek style)

Mind reading!

No clothes!

Return of the "water canopy"!

If you want some entertainment, ask an old-timer JW (60+ years in) what they think the "new world" will be like. They will have gotten their ideas from when good ol' Freddy Franz was in his prime.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

To me, the craziest idea was that anyone was really going to live there.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Other planets getting populated was a big one.

We will all speak ancient Hebrew

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

People like John Lennon and Gandhi would be resurrected as part of the 'unrighteous' because they loved peace, but were never given a chance to hear the JW message. It's just wrong to picture those two studying with Witnesses under the ever-present gaze of lions and baskets of bountiful fruit.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Many of the above ideas stem from the actual WT literature itself. The "return " of the canopy used to be widely believed and taught. Going naked like perfect man and woman was a widely held expectation. The "crazy old bird" who told Lostgeneration about living on other planets was only repeating what the F & D Slave taught

Wt 65 11/15 703

"To all eternity our earth will bear a distinction such as no other planet throughout endless space will enjoy. To all eternity, throughout all creation, it will be a glorious showpiece to Jehovah’s praise. Not that it will be the only planet that will ever be inhabited, but that it will be the only planet to which the Creator of all good things sent his only-begotten Son ......................."

I believe it just left the idea open ???

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and it keeps the R&F busy discussing nonsense, rather than the nonsensical teachings of the WT

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

An overweigh elder the craziest comment once, we were discussing Isaiah 40:30-31.

He said we are going to ride on eagles in the new world. Poor eagles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit