What Kind of "Door Knocker" or "Bell Ringer" Were You?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

One time there was a button that looked like a doorbell and I pressed it and the garage door went up instead!! I was so embarrassed I wanted to run but thank goodness no one came to the door.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Ding

Whenever I accompanied my daughter at the door we could do

whatever we wanted . Of course it depended on where the car was parked

At one door, My daughter didn't knock or ring the bell

She whispered......... Hello

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Fancy, that's one of the funniest things I've heard that happened at the door!

Sounds like something my mother would've done.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I remember once going to a door with my son when he was about 7 or 8. The front door of the home was a beautiful wood door with a large oval glass design. What really stood out to me was inside decorating the glass there appeared to be an intricately design lace curtain. As soon as we rung the bell we saw a little yapping ankle-biter come from somewhere inside the room and proceed to start leeping onto the door and in less than 2 seconds turned than curtain into well- string.

I looked down at my son and said "let's get out of here now", and I bet we were in our car and down the road in less than 10 seconds.

I knew that if someone came to the door with us there, they would never blame their precious little Cujo, no it would have been our fault for stirring him up.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I did the soft knock - if I could get away with it, which was usual. I hated knocking on doors and did as little as possible. I was not considered "regular" for most of my time as a dub. But even when I did go out in field service, it seemed to me everyone else hated it as well and were relieved when they could stop and get donuts.

• talesin
    talesin

Ding

At the time, I was usually working with another 16-17YO pioneer, and they were just as unhappy as I, so it wasn't a problem. Other times, I would work a territory with another, and we would each take our own house. But if working with an older 'brother' or 'sister', of course, then it was different. Bells had to be rung, and knocks had to be sufficiently loud enough to alert the 'householder'.

Wow, just typing those terms gave me the creeps. 'brother' *shudders* 'sister' 'householder'

tal

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Ring once (hopefully the bell doesn't work or there is no one home to hear it), knock once (and a civil knock, unlike the dingbat that dragged me in who wanted it to be a very hard bang on the frame that would measure a 12 on the Richter Scale), and hope no one answers the door.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for replying. You guys are pretty funny. Thanks for the laughs!

Just Lois

• talesin
    talesin

Lois, I got one for you..

I was working with "Pat" ... he was 17, and a nice guy, but 98-lb weakling type ... so we are working in a very wealthy part of town. The property had a long, winding walk up to the front door, and we could see a sign in the window:
    B E W A R E T H E D O G

So Pat and I slowly scuffed our shoes while walking, looking all around (we were both afraid of dogs), making lots of noises, scared out of our minds. We had to go to the door, because we were with a group ...

Finally, got to the front door and took a good look at the sign .... written in tiny letters at the bottom, it said "He may be little, but he knows Kung Fu". It was a centrefold from MAD magazine. :P

LMAO! We were so relieved.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit