What Kind of "Door Knocker" or "Bell Ringer" Were You?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I preferred ringing the House Holders door bell. If I couldn't hear it. I'd do it again, just in case. lol If I then couldn't hear it, I would knock.

When I knocked, it was a neighborly knock...Not a "Your House Is On Fire And You Had Better Answer This Door Right Now", knock.

Which were you?

Just Lois

• Angharad
    Angharad

When I could get away with it I often pretended to ring the bell and hoped they wouldn't notice me at the doorstep so I didn't have to talk to anyone

• ballistic
    ballistic

Personally, I was always on the lookout for knockers.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I was a pioneer who is fully acquainted with the "pioneer stroll", since that was the pace I prefered, and I also perfected the art of looking like I rang the doorbell when I really didn't. I never liked working with the new pioneers, since they were far more zealous than I.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Once, I rang the bell and it jammed. The house was well insulated and I couldn't hear it until the lady finally came to the door. She was mad as a wet hen. Sorry Mrs. Merriwether!

• ballistic
    ballistic

One day I went to press the button but I see some wires sticking out the wall with some old tape on, looking a bit of a mess.

So I took the two wires, scraped the rust off and bashed them together twice to ring the bell, and a few seconds later the man came out astonished like he'd witnessed a miricle.

• bigmac
    bigmac

pioneer stroll---lol---ive used that phrase for many years. how many times do you see 2 sisters on a doorstep--chatting away for ever--well aware theres no one home ? what do the neighbours think?

• jam
    jam

One knocker and split.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

I knocked very, very quietly and hoped that no one would answer. I always hated it when I worked with with someone who was over zealous and would insist on ringing bells and knocking doors really loudly at 10am on a Saturday morning.

• designs
    designs

I'd knock lightly and leave, I hated service

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit