What Kind of "Door Knocker" or "Bell Ringer" Were You?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Looks like I'm the only one who fiddles with the wiring in order to ring the bell.

• likeabird
    likeabird
    Looks like I'm the only one who fiddles with the wiring in order to ring the bell.

I would have just rung it and then spend the next five minutes convincing my partner that the fact it was silent to us didn't mean the householder hadn't heard anything. A bit like that invisible presence theory.

If the consequences of fixing the wire hadn't run the risk of having someone answer the door, then I would have jumped at the chance to do so. Sounds like something I might have done during the days I was fully zealous.

• Glander
    Glander

I'll admit I skipped some houses even though I knew someone was home.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hated it. Every bit of it. I thought it was archaic, and ineffective at best. I avoided any conversation if I could

• Glander
    Glander

For those occasions when there was a filthy doghouse with large feces laying around the front yard and a heavy chain not attached to a dog, a big empty bowl on the porch, and a screen door ripped to tatters, I developed a knock that sound like dropping cotton balls on a carpet.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I would never ring the door bell. I would knock, knock light once. Depending on who I was with, I may do that twice and then leave. I always had a brief presentation that didn't really lead me to having to do a RV. There were times that lead me to go door to door by myself. That was the best. Towards the end, if that happened I would do a phantom knock and then leave right away. I would always make an excuse if someone was working in the yard that they were busy, I'll come back latter.

God damn, I hated Field Circus.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I developed a knock that sound like dropping cotton balls on a carpet.

That's great.

• talesin
    talesin

Once I reached age 15 or 16, I would knock lightly, and hope no one was home. Sad, considering I was a pioneer at 16.

I, too, detested FS. Having dogs sicced on you, people slamming doors in your face.. and as a little kid, being used to sell magazines... ugh.

t

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

A combination of what Angharad and Brainmelt said

• Ding
    Ding

For those who only pretended to ring the bell or who knocked so softly no one could hear it, was the JW you were working with in on it and doing the same thing?

If not, how did you fool them?

Did they ever spot what you were doing and turn you in to the elders (or threaten to)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit