AAWA, J M____ E______, and me

by zed is dead 577 Replies latest members private

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

No one can "Like" a facebook page for you, unless they are logged in from your account. I think you are confusing a "page" and a "group"... If you liked a page, you did it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

RayPublisher is a recording of your committee hearing online? Can I hear it? Have you listened to the committee hearing posted on the "death or obedience" blog?

Wouldn't it be cool to have a website that gathers all the recordings of judicial committees together in one place? That would be a good resource for people who are about to face their own committee.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

The Facebook Group is still online. My guess is unless you are a member it wont come up on your browser. The Websight is still down, clock reset to 15 minutes.

Marvin thanks for your willingness to engage in discussion. Even under heated debate and reminders having to be given repeatedly by moderators to refrain from personal insults, a lot of issues have been engaged and dissected. This not only helps the JWN community because there is something to bite into in the absence of AAWA officials but it also helps AAWA members to understand issues that they rightfully should have in front of them to consider and to formulate questions for the AAWA board members, administrators and volunteers.

You have stated you took the time to do that with AAWA officers. You offered what they communicated to you. While some will contend that it "means nothing" it is more than we have had to go with since Cedars made the decision to stop communicating on JWN.

I have stated that I support this JWN community and I have supported AAWA's efforts as well. I have communicated many of the concerns, specifically those raised by Simon, with AAWA administrators, in an effort to see if solutions can be found and bridges built.

You mentioned you may have gotten a piece of the AAWA members you talked to. I have also found the same. Different administrators have different responses, and to say that some of them are overprotective and not so willing to continue a discussion about specific issues is an understatement.

For me, what is important is that people inside AAWA are also asking questions and speaking their mind on issues that are discussed here on JWN. This may be the only way AAWA board members hear these concerns and problems if they are choosing to stay away from JWN and Google search engines for AAWA.

Changes from AAWA are being promised. I expect we will all be able to decipher exactly what that entails in the coming days.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Actually jdub, that's not quite true. If someone changes a private page to a business page all the 'friends' will be added as likes. Whether this happened in this case I don't know but it DOES happen.

How do I convert my personal account to a Facebook Page ?

When you convert your personal account to a Facebook Page , a business account will be created to manage your Page . We'll transfer your current profile picture and add all your friends and followers as people who like your Page . Your account's username will become the username for your Page, and the name associated with your personal account will become your Page 's name. If you want your Page to have a different name, considercreating a new one.

No other content will be carried over to your new Page , so be sure to save any important content before beginning the conversion:
    1. Download your timeline information. You can download a file that contains all of your sent and received messages and all of the photos and videos you’ve uploaded to Facebook.
    2. Appoint a new group admin to any groups you manage. You'll be unable to manage groups once the conversion begins.

For full access to Page s features, manage your new Page from a personal account or add admins to your Page .

When you're ready, start converting your personal account to a Facebook Page .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh right, Facebook group still up. I just can't see it because I am not a member.

Why haven't they deleted it again?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and now the hand off of the AAWA baton

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Isn't it ironic that AAWA have removed their website that was not causing any harm, but kept their Facebook page up that has been causing people problems?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh cmon Slim, are u telling me they used poor judgement? lol

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@slimboyfat - Here's the playlist of my JC trial from receipt of letter all the way to my spiritual exectution, some 6 parts:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnkc1RBYAtN-n7HJDcI53nEaK-i5Pnny8

Most people jump straight into this one though as it's the actual start of the JC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDdcFQZNwJ4&list=PLnkc1RBYAtN-n7HJDcI53nEaK-i5Pnny8&index=3

I loved "death or obedience" and have tried to find as many other JC recordings as I can out there. And yes I have actually sketched out ideas for such a site already...Just all secret recordings of elder calls, visits, JCs, etc. ...But I gotta get off my duff and make it happen right?

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I freinded Julia on facebook after meeting her here as headisspinning. I don't know any of the other people involved. I was added to the group without my consent and I don't appreciate that. My in-laws saw it and questioned me. They are not very computer literate and I was able to fudge my way out of it, since we are not ready to come "out" yet. I have now removed Julia from my facebook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit