All Things Fulffilled In The1st Century

by maccauk11 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• man oh man
    man oh man

Do you have any recommended reading on this?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Google "when was revelation written" you might be surprised.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Did any of the early church Fathers Believe this?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You are selecting scriptures which does not work with me. All scriptures must be considered. Frankly, scripture never fits into cookie cutter schemes that simple preaches love. Jesus said the kingdom was present in his lifetime. It may have, depending on the meaning of kingdom. Jews were sophisticated. They were not stupid oafs. Middle Eastern culture is full of symbolism. Modern authors did not invent the practice of writing of different times and the same times simulatenously.

Jesus announced the kingdom of heaven present in their lives while he lived. Since I am not a deep personal friend of Jesus, I don't know all his nuanced thought about the kingdom. It is possible for something to be present now and in the future.

There is no evidence that prophecy was completely fulfilled in the first century just as there is no proof that prophecy is fulfilled now. Humans are self-centered. It is always in our own lifetimes. Compared to the universe, human existence is very fleeting. We are on earth not even a fraction of a second. Prophecy is what you project. It is an opinion, not a fact.

Jig saw puzzles are easy when you only consider one piece of the puzzle.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

to The Searcher

Rev 21:4 has been fulfilled in the Kingodm there is no tears or death. The Messiah paid the price of death on our behalf and no as ruling King he has conquered death so we have the assurance that we will never die and that when our bodies have finished their fleshly use. We will be change din the blink of an eye. SO there is no death, no sickness, no tears etc etc.So as soon as you become a believer you receive that gift.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

TO Hoffnung

Great insight friend

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

To man oh man

The Holy SPiirt will reveal all thing sot you if you keep searching knocking and asking. listen to the words of The Messiah. I have over 190 videos on youtube many dealwith endtime delusions. Take a look tell me wher ei might have got the wrong understanding and share it.

my youtube..... seekchristonly

• jgnat
    jgnat

michelle and crazyguy, perhaps there are failed prophecies in the bible, that will never be fulfilled. I am comfortable with the idea that anything in Revelation that was to be fulfilled is done.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

there were prophecies telling us when Christ would come, are there any prophecies proving Christ came back in 70 ce or 125???

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you mean evidence that Christ came back. One prophecy fulfilling another sounds a little too much like the Golden Age and Watchtower materials. Remember we have "witnessed" an invisible return just in this past generation. We want him to come back. We seek for it in eager anticipation. The Isrealites continue to wait for the Messiah's return.

I think he had every intention of coming back.

The Kings of the North, South, East an West, the horns, the horn coming out of the horn, these all speak of political conditions that were contemporary in that first century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit