All Things Fulffilled In The1st Century

by maccauk11 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

There are not 2 fulfillments because it says once and for all time. There is not or never will be two second comings,two,resurrections, two armageddons. Revelation was symbolic, metaphor that the Jews used in their writings. Exmple " there will be a great ribulation not seen since the worlds beginning, until NOW (1ST Century) nor will EVER be seen again. If we ar etrying tomake a dual fulfilliment of what happened then we are denying Our Messiah said , it would never be seen again. That is one example. Dualism is no where to be seen except in the 1st cnetury where everythingform the Old Testamant was types and shadow sof the coming messiah, the coming Kingdom and the comingdestruction of Jerusalem. All fulfilled in one generation in the1st century.

• jgnat
    jgnat

BOTR and maccauk11, I've had similar thoughts lately. Declaring all revelation received, delivered, and ended two thousand years ago dismisses a lot of original thinking. Think of the progression we have made in the past couple millenia in the areas of human rights, equality, education and government.

The Unitarian church I attended had two large printed banners on either side of the podium. It reminded me of the Kingdom Hall, ironically enough. The difference was that the quotes were from great thinkers through the ages, not restricted to the bible.

maccuak, your material would be much easier to read if you would proof and spell check before you submit. Just sayin'.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Bible is not a book of prophecy, though it pretends to be.

For example, Matthew was written some time after the events of 70 CE, yet it includes much that seems to propheticaly describe the events, that is fraud.

Many of the O.T prophecies can seem to fit later events, actually "Matthew" made it his business to make them fit, but when you analyse them , they are not prophetic, just hopeful.

To do as some do and say O.T prophecies were fulfiled by the setting up of the State of Israel is naive in the extreme, the State of Israel came about because people wished to see the O.T rubbish seemingly fulfilled, Wish Fulfillment !

One Bible believer told me that the prophecy against midian came true, but look at the "prophecy", O.K Midian, like many ancient nations came to an end, but "Israel" was supposed to prosper on the back of this ! Israel disappeared from history before Midian .

There is not one instance of a real Bible prophecy that stands scrutiny.

• Badfish
    Badfish

So then when was Satan thrown into the abyss? When was he let loose? Is the 1000 year reign of Christ over?

• prologos
    prologos

it is certainly true of the revived and now discarded again SPLIT GREAT TRIBULATION doctrine of the WT BtS, originally taught in the 50s.

In ist century Jerusalem, the G. Tribulation started, the army came, it retreated, the ist Gt was cut short in the middle, the Christians left for the mountains, then the G. tribulation restarted finally with the return of the army.

Proof that the 12 tribes, the great crowd were all one, fugitive mountain climbers all.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I totally agree about Bible prophecy. Others have posted long posts concerning this aspect The 23rd Psalm does not reference Christ in any manner. Revelation has no true prophecy. It Is generally accepted that it was written as a cheer leading writing to encourage Christians in a very specific area during an episode of Roman persecution. Also, it is accepted that John of Patmos was a zealous Jewish Christian who kept rigid dietary law and other rituals. He was what my Jewish friends term a Super Jewish. Paul and John would probably kill each other in real life.

Stripping the NT of prophecy helped me retain some faith. Since Jesus died, every generation is certain that their time is the real deal that heralds Christ return--his return in full powerful that will be visible to even the blind. It is a good thing thTo

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Bible chronology requires christ to arrive 2520 years after the fall of Jerusalem. So chronology alone dismisses the idea that christ returned in the 1st Century. Preterism only works if you dismiss chronology and JWs are definitely into chronology!

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

Thanks for the comments

Sorry about the spelling its my keyboard sticking. We have ot remember the way the Jews wrote about events in those days. They used metephors and symbolic apocolyptic language and often exaggerated to make a point. If you noticemost of revelation was taken from the old testament prophets like Ezekiel etc. I think revelation is a spiritual summary of an essay. It sums up all the main points of what was written.

As for the seventy week prohecy of Daniel thatwas also fulfilled exactly in the 1st century.

All we need to do toknow what is true is read the words of The Messiah "truly i tell you, you will not finish going through all the tribes of Israel until yous ee the son of man coming in his kingdom", "truly i tell you some of you standing here (the disciples in the 1st century not us) some of you standing here will not die until you SEE the son of man coming on the clouds. No one anywhere can change that to mean something else, yet not one church teaches the fulfillment of prophecy in the 1st century and the importance of the destruction of Jerusalem to Christians today. Everyone in the New Testamant knew it was the last days, the last hour in THEIR generation.Why for 2000 years have churhces put themselves in place of The Apostles and preached the end always ahead of us . We are all living under a delusion and miss what happened, when and to who

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think of the revivalists, frantically trying to resurrect another's revelation. No matter how hard they beat on that chest, it's not coming back to life. It is time to stop looking backward, and write a new chapter.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

With all due respect, Bible chronology is total bunk. Without any research, I can prove that it is absolute nonsense and extremely not Biblical. You are either very ignorant or very brainwashed. Brainwashed is the likely answer. No wonder people laugh at Jws. I once sincerely believed chronology when I was utterly isolated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit