All Things Fulffilled In The1st Century

by maccauk11 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

The burden against Damascus.

Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, and it will be a ruinous heap. Isaiah 17:1

(Damascus is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world)

love michelle

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

If we believe in The Messiah then we have to believe what he said, when he said it and to who. "Truly i tell you some of you standing here (1st century beleivers! will not die until you see the son of man coming in his Kingdom". Some of those who were there with him would see the Messiah coming in his Kingdom. So all things must have been fulfilled in the 1st cnetury. There are no types of dual fulfillments to come otherwise there must be 2 second comings, 2 resurrections etc etc. Dleusions grow stronger a s we keep looking for signs when there are no signs as everytihng is completed. Almost all Chistians deny this , so in relaity are denying the Messiah as there is nothing at all that shows another fullfillment of the same thing

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear cassuk11...

you said, in part, "So all things must have been fulfilled in the 1st cnetury. There are no types of dual fulfillments to come"...

matthew 24:6 nations shall rise against nation...all these things must come to pass but the end is not yet.

acts 1:6 'Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord will You at this time restore the kingdom to israel?"'

acts 1:7 and He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority...but you shall be witnesses to Me...to the end of the earth."

---------------------------------------------

(joshua 6 :3 march around the city 6 days...)

(joshua 6:4 seven priest, seven trumpets, seven times and then the priest shall blow the trumpets)

--------------------the seventh seal----------------

(joshua 6:10 do not shout or make any noise until the day I say "shout")

(joshua 6:15 behold it came to pass on the seventh day...)

revelation 8:1 and there was silence in heaven...

--------------------the seventh trumpet------------

(joshua 6:16 shout for the LORD has given you the city...)

(joshua 6:17 now the city shall be doomed by the LORD to destruction)

revelation 11:15 the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ and He shall reign forever and ever!...

revelation 11:17-18 We give you thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was and who is to come, because You have taken Your great power and reigned. The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come...

love michelle

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

Hi Michelle thanks for the comment. You answer my pointexactly michelled. Acts 1:7 says, YOU, (the people in that generation, the ones who were listening to him and standing right in front of him). This is the mistake Christianity has made for 2000 years. The language is written in the present tense of that day. I agree the end was not yet, because the Gospel had to be preached first and it was. When it says whole world or earth, it does not mean every single person on earth. The bible uses language like this all the time.Example so fthis in Ezekeil talking aobut wars with other nations, it uses apocolyptic language , when it fact was talking about a local situation. Revelation is anothe example.Most of the laguage was taken from the old testament prophets. Also it was written to the seven churches in Asia Minor not to everyone worldwide. The Messiah rules and has done for 2000 years . The Kingdom is spiritual and no part of this world. You are a citizen of The Kingdom. There is no physicla representation of The Kingodm on earth. The Father has finished dealing with man in the flesh, 2000 years ago.Peace and love

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear cassuk11...

the text at Matthew 16:27-28 says "there are some standing here"... certainly John the revelator lived to see what he wrote...Jesus coming in His glory. Revelation 1:1, 7, 10, 19. These things we're written to show His servants...the letter was circulated, they would "see" Jesus coming.

Jesus said that the kingdom is in your midst. When He was here He was the physical representation of the kingdom. Now the born-again believer is a representative of the kingdom...the in dwelling Holy Spirit being the acting "government"(Isaiah 9:6-7)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that God is finished dealing with man in the flesh...He's still dealing with me. Though scripture says He will not contend with man FOREVER...

love michelle

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So if everthing was fulffilled in the 1st century then how do you explain, judging the sheep and the goats?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

What I've never understood about the gospels is that Peter, John, Simon, et al., never had to take anything Jesus said "on faith." When Jesus told the waters to calm, his disciples didn't have to take it "on faith" that the waters would calm -- they did calm.

The disciples and others are said to have witnessed Jesus perform miracle after miracle. They weren't asked to take anything he said on faith. Jesus didn't have to convince his followers through argument or threats. He put his money where his mouth was and proved by physical demonstrations (as opposed to modern 'insight' or 'revelation') that he could be believed.

But here we are, 2000 years later, and we're expected to make that tiresome "leap of faith" and swallow whole a bunch of crap that nobody can prove! Why are we less deserving than first-century audiences? If someone wants me to believe in something, they darn well better prove it to me. All I see is shabby, hand-me-down faith.

So far, I've seen or heard nothing that even comes close to convincing me that Jesus, God, and the Bible as the word of God, are real or true.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

I agree with quite a lot of what cassuk11 wrote. The biggest problem I see, is that it is generally accepted that the book of Revelation was written in the last 5 years of the 1st century (which I am not going to doubt, there are no tangible indications that it has been written earlier). to have the letter or scroll circulated throughout the congregations would take also a considerable amount of time. hence it is logic to look towards a fulfilment somewhere around 125 AD. The only candidate for this, would be the more complete destruction of Jerusalem in 132 AD I believe. Apparantly it was that bad that the romans had a plow going over the remains of Jerusalem. It also at this point that christians got thrown out of the synagogues. Unfortunately this period is less documented than the destruction in 70.

However I believe also that the return of Jesus happened in 70, and that God stopped his detailed dealings with humans latest about 60 years later. Death has been overcome by resurrection, and not by eternal life in the flesh or by lifting of bodies into heaven. The Kingdom was founded at or around pentecost 33, there is no reason whatsoever that it should not have happened very shortly after the ransom was paid. There is absolutely no foundation whatsoever to project any of this to our time. Unfortunately we are just humans with a mortal body, that can get a resurrection into a spritual one, which implicates we will live our lives until we die, and only then can enter the spiritual realm as described in the bible. Big daddy is not going to come to miracoulously intervene in our life time to give us an eternal life on this planet.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Still no one has answered the question what about the gathering of the nations to serperate the sheep and the goats, some one please explain how this one is done back then?

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

The seperating is a spiritual event. The King on his throne, seperates those who want to under his KIngship and those who dont. Those who love him will enter into the Kingdom spiritually and at death receive their reward in the blink of an eye. The sheeplike ones acknowlwedge he is king, the Kingodm is ruling in those who believe. The seperation has been going on for 2000 years. There is no earthly representationof the Kingdom, it cannot be seen or touched and not made by human hands. SO therefor is eternal and pure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit