A newbie...

by Jaidubdub 33 Replies latest social current

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

You seem to be in a good spot at the moment. You are able to have association with JWs, with little meeting attendance. In such a case a slow fade is probably the best. Try to get to know non JW's, develop friendships and other interests. Over time you will no longer need the JWs and can completely drop away.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome! I am glad things are looking up for you. It is a process going through this and there is a lot of excellent advise and wonderful people here.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Jaidubdub, You seem to be doing well for an inactive JW with your JW family and friends. Encase the WTBTS starts to influence JWs who you care about more, have you read Steve Hassan's books ("Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controllling People, Cults and Beleifs"), visited his website, or watched his videos? I wish you the best in meeting more non-JWs as well as fading to preserve your JW relationships.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello there Jaidubdub - you are very welcome to this board. I am so happy that you had a squiz on the net and came across this site. Things do start to fall in place and make sense when you know TTATT.

Stand up for yourself as much as you can, if you can influence here and there go for it.

It really makes me so very happy when I hear that more and more people are waking up. Well done.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Thank you all so much for yr kind words. I look forward to sharing & contributing to this site...

Giordano, I'm not quite as young as u think (but I wish!)... My mum is from a country that experienced a lot of poverty due to war during her schooling years and therefore never went further than the 3rd grade at school. She knew the importance of an education & always encouraged her children in this area. i am in a good job that i love earning good money. Many jw's I know are now seriously considering going back to uni as they'd listened to the org & are now struggling trying to keep their heads above water...

Jwfacts, I guess I am in a good spot ATM compared to some of the stories i have read on here which I am so thankful for. I know quite a few non-jw's & have started going out with them more the last few months. But some of my closest friends are jw's so hoping I can continue the slow fade & still have them in my life...

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Jai

Glad to have you on board , we look forward to your contributions on this forum when you are ready

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Welcome. It just surprises me at the amount of new people joining. Since I have joined 8 days ago there have been 2 other new people. Its proabably an indication of how many are walking out at the other end. Its the same old story of "How much I didnt know" and "How could I have not known". Here are some good ones that I enjoyed if you want to get your blood boiling (just put into the search engine above) Menlo Park / Kingdom Hall remodel scam / RBC asking for the insurance checks when helping in disaster areas / Approved accomodation motels / special conventions why so expensive to attend / car parking scams. You gotta love them. I to am in a similar sort of situation as you, on the outer boundries. What will I do I dont really know. But I suggest to you it is best you keep your mouth shut until your mind is made up, and you have got support networks built up that will replace the ones that will crumble behind. As we all know opening your mouth before you are ready will just get your arse kicked out of there. If you want to IM I would really enjoy that. Peace out my friend.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Welcome! I have had dealings with many Elders along the way, only a few could I describe as kindly and humble, shepherd's who genuinely show that they care. Funny, these rare breed of Elders never picked me up on anything or tried to straighten me out. Just glad that your there and doing your best. Cue Elder Pharisee, which this Org has more and more of, They overpower the Elder Goodheart's and do not treat the flock with tenderness. They forget or ignore who the congregation (supposedly) belongs to - Christ. It becomes clear overtime that this Pharasaical attitude is not just 'my' congregation or just them Elders, but Circuit, District and Country wide! The Oral Law and Tradidtions of Men is alive and kicking in this brand of Christianity. I am also 'inactive' - stopped reporting FS - another Tradition of Men with no scriptural basis or precedent.

I'm Done with this crap. I'm Done with being judged. I'm Done with False Teachings being replaced with 'Clearer Understandings'.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome Jai! Isn't it terrible how much despair you felt over your situation in the Dubs. I'm glad your eyes are open and you're progressing. I hope you can get out while keeping your family. Good luck!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome! I had that zombie walk too. This to will pass FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit