count down to extinction

by heathen 32 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers
    I still worry sometimes that some idiot will press the Big Red Button by accident!

The Armageddon button can only be pressed in heaven. So to which idiot are you referring?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The plague, although nothing to be scoffed at, is vastly overrated in history.

By far the largest killer of the human race, up to this century, has been simple bacterial infection. Actually, as a percentage of deaths, nothing else comes even close.

Today, due to the efforts of mankind alone, this killer has been reduced magnificently.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Oh gloom and doom, we're all going to die ...

We say as we type the message on our $1000+ computer. Communicatiing with hundreds/thousands of others who also have $1000+ computers. And the time to use them because we are not out in the fields 12 hours a day trying just to grow the food we need to survive yet another winter with no heat. We drink our coffee as we tpye the message of gloom and doom, and when we need to releave ourselves of that coffee we go to our bathrooms, do our business, and flush the commode. When we run out of that coffee, we jump in our vehicle of choice (often picking one of 2 or 3 in the garage/drive) and drive to the closest store (often a few minutes away). In that store is more food than you could eat in a year. Just waiting for you.

Then later after typeing our message of gloom and doom, we decide it would be nice to visit a foriegn country. So we jump in a plane, and a few hours later, we are living the high life in Europe, Asia, etc.

Oh what horrible times we live in!! I wish so bad I were alive 700 years ago, then I wouldn't face these horrible problems of war and famine and disease ... er, as I dump my shit and piss in the street below after toiling in the fields for 12 hours, picking yet another rotting tooth out of my head and wishing we could afford meat just once a year. Oh and don't forget the yearly bath I would take, wether I needed it or not. And then some local lord would decide to raid my village and rape my wife and daughter - just because he could. Sounds like a wonderful life!!!!

• Valis
    Valis

Everyone knows the end will look soemthing like this...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• heathen
    heathen

avengers - This is not a thread about armageddon in the biblical sense ,like I said before there have been posts that have made GOD into some kind of blood lust maniac ,this is more about the human powers with designs to kill off the human race.Mutually assured destruction.
    plmkrzy-Thanks for the fire works ,I wanted to do that but don't know how to do it.
    name with held -I am beginning to think you are a spoiled kid or something .I don't have a 1000$ computer and yes I have to work alot of hours to pay my bills.The majority of people in the world today do live in poverty.The point of this thread is to discuss the possibility of the world being destroyed by mankind.[>:(]
    The world has been living in the constant fear of annihilation since ww1.The cold war is when it hit it's peak.The gulf war reminded us that there are people who want nothing more than to start world war111 and don't care about the environment or have any regard for human life. Opinions are always welcome though ,that's what I am looking for.thank you

• heathen
    heathen

valis -I don't know how you do it but your genious is obvious to me lol.Man we have got to get together and tear up Dallas one these days. Party like it's 1999 .

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    I am beginning to think you are a spoiled kid or something .I don't have a 1000$ computer and yes I have to work alot of hours to pay my bills.The majority of people in the world today do live in poverty.The point of this thread is to discuss the possibility of the world being destroyed by mankind.

Ha ha ! That's funny. I grew up on food stamps and moving from place to place each time the bills piled up too high. You say you don't have a $1000 computer - how are you participating on this forum then? Yes, we all work hard to pay the bills. Beats toiling in the fields all day just to grow food to survive the winter. Yes, many in the world live in poverty. That's true. But a much higher percentage of people live in comfort today then they did 100 years ago. Not to mention a 1000 years ago. In the USA in particular the great majority - even if 'poor' are not going hungry. I bet you are not hungry as you type - and I bet you have flushing plumbing, and water piped into your home. All things that were 'luxury' 200 years ago.

Man destroy the world? It's possible - but what are YOU goling to do to stop that? Huh? Oh that's what I though, you have no control over it. So why worry about things you cannot control? If SoDamn Insane decides to blow a nuke up in my back yard tomorrow guess what? I'll be dead, and that's that. In the meantime I will not have died from an ulcer or faced major depression from a constant worry over 'the end of the world'.

• heathen
    heathen

Name with held - I can participate on this board because this computer is just a pile of crap that was modified and given as a gift.I bet there are more poor going hungry then you can think of in your shallow world.I am not going to die of an ulcer or depression either.As far as having clean water to drink ,there is also the threat of running out of clean water due to polution.I remember the threat of acid rain destroying fresh water lakes and the news media also stated the possibility of terrorists attacking our water resources not to mention the industrialist aholes that dump toxins in the water even though there are laws forbidding them too. While we are at it let's throw in the threat of global warming and super tankers dumping millions of gallons of oil in the ocean,there is the slash and burn of the rain forest that is also detrimental to the environment.WWW 111 could start over a fight for left over resources.
    What am I going to do about it?There is nothing I can do about it ,but I thought it would be interesting to talk about it.I will just put you in the not concerned section.

• Xander
    Xander

Heathen, I'm taking a guess here....you watch the fox news network, don't you?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit