count down to extinction

by heathen 32 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

You Know,

We are not blaspheming God. We are blaspheming you, with your arrogant, holier than thou distain for us, and your obvious delight in the possible destruction of most of the world's population.

Robert King, if you can live off your parents inheritence when they die, then, by all means do so. If not, get a job and max out on their 401k plan, because all the stuff you believe, just ain't gonna happen. As I wrote to you before, I left your ideas 40 years ago, and I am a much happier man for it.

God bless you, Robert.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

YOU KNOW...are real question for you. What percentage on this board do you think are believers in God (therefore, mostly respect Him) and non-believers? (don't even count the fact if they are JW's ex JW's or whatever). Just what is your sense?

• Celia
    Celia

You Know writes,

The truth is that Jehovah's word says that humans, driven by hell-bent lunatic angels, are going to provoke a genocidal holocaust, which the Scripures refer to as the great tribulation. That's what is in the process of igniting at the present moment.

Horrors have been happening for as long as humans have been on earth, why the horrors of our early 21 st. century will provoke this "great tribulation" you're taling about ? For the Jews in the 30s and 40s, it must have felt like a terrible tribulation. What about the millions and millions of people who died of the plague in Europe in the middle ages ?

• heathen
    heathen

Name with held ; Don't forget through the use of biological and chemical weapons the potential for outbreaks of black plague is still there along with God knows what .The US itself has been involved in several desolating military campaigns in the past decade alone ,with Iraq ,yugoslavia,columbia and now afghanistan.Currently the african continent is suffering from wide spread aids epidemic and civil unrest that the US was considering to get involved in.I am not stuck in any jw mindset ,I was never a jw .I just see a world that is bent on it's own destruction .It's not just the US and russia in a cold war ,now we have these primitive third world nations acquiring nuclear weapons such as china and india not to mention the failed attempts from the arab nations to start building arsenals .It's a known fact the russians were trying to sell sadam housein nuclear technology.How much more insane can you get?
    YOU KNOW ; It's not so much what the jw says,I have read the bible and am aware of the said end of the world and do give it alot of consideration ,although I am a heathen I do believe in GOD but also all religion are cults . Thanx for giving me some iteresting comments . Brother in the back with his hand raised>...........

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

As little as I know of China and India, I doubt they are 3rd world countries. India is a huge manufacturer of computer software. Go walk in Hong Kong and call it 3rd world....
    You Know...How can angles be Hell bent if there is no hell to be bent upon going? It doesn't sound like a JW, more like someone trying to imitate them to provoke an arguement. I might be wrong tho

• You Know
    You Know

Hello Heathen: Here's a link to a post of mine from last week. It contains some links to various web sites that you might find interesting. / You Know

> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24539&site=3

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Countdown to Extinction....A decent Megadeth Album but certainly not their best....

• Xander
    Xander

Kiss my ass, Jehovah. It DOES belong to man who is walking to direct his own step.

LOL! Good one

some idiot will press the Big Red Button by accident!

There is no single 'big red button'. I'm assuming you know that. It also takes a lot more than 1 person to actually fire the weapons. See 'Crimson Tide' for example. Even if the president DOES decide to go nuclear, and his cabinet agrees, you still have to get the men and women actually standing next to the missiles to fire them - and the firing of each missile is organized to typically take the cooperation of at least two officers (both on subs and land bases).

I read in an Awake! that the number of reports of earthquakes in the last 100 years are more than those in all of human history

Actually, I think they've backtracked on their 'earthquake' kick. Someone up at bethel must have discovered that earthquakes STILL don't kill as many people as they used to, and then when you take into account how much more heavily populated the world is....

biological and chemical weapons

Read www.fas.org

BioChem attacks are VASTLY overrated. There is a reason such devices are called 'poor man's nukes'. They are not nearly as effective at killing people. Especially today.

outbreaks of black plague

Won't happen in a first world country. Most (all?) of the worst diseases in human history are a result of poor hygiene and poor precautionary measures. In a well-educated first world nation, it would be quite difficult to make an effective BioChem attack.

several desolating military campaigns

Desolating, how? I'm pretty sure we have more members on this board than the number of civilians that have been killed. Yeah, we've brutalized their military pretty badly, but so what? They started it!

primitive third world nations acquiring nuclear weapons

No third world countries have nukes. Further, there is virtually no danger in a country attacking with nukes. I mean, really. No matter HOW bad China wants Taiwan, do you REALLY think they'd lob a nuke at us? Knowing how badly we'd return the favor. They ARE communists. They ARE NOT morons.

sell sadam housein nuclear technology

Again, so what? Sure, he *might* try lobbing a nuke at Israel if he had one. But, how long into that process do you think he'd get before we nailed him? He'd need to test it first, and testing nukes leaves footprints REAL obvious from orbit. Not to mention the top-notch Israeli intelligence community.

How much more insane can you get?

If you want to believe the sky is falling, there is not much I can do to stop you. *I* rest comfortably every night, though. The world is in much better shape than fear-mongers (the media, for example) like you to think. It is *certainly* a safer place to be than it has been at any point in human history.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • heathen
    heathen

Danielhaase - I agree countdown to extinction is one of my favorite megadeth albums .It really rocks ,I've seen them 3 times and enjoyed everytime .
    truthseeker1-If I am correct HongKOng was built under british rule.but we are still talking about a country whose main mode of transportation is a bicycle and from what I've seen in various documentaries most of the billion people live in shanty towns .same goes to India .Both countries use child and slave labor to me that qualifies as a third world nation.
    xander- If biochems were that harmless than why have the news media been making such a big fiasco over it by showing sadam using it on his own people and now we have troops with gulf war syndrome which was likely caused by a scud with biochems? A problem with the nukes isn't just the ICBMs, they speculate it is very possible to smuggle the nukes in the us even and hide them anywhere.Remember that the 911 episode could have been avoided with minimal precautions .We are fortunate that these terrorists don't have the capabity to make a nuke but it is only a matter of time in my opinion.I am not a fear monger ,just simply going over the events and trying to make a prediction for the future .True I don't own any rose colored glasses.In a world where there are so many lunatics it's very hard to be optimistic .

• Xander
    Xander

If biochems were that harmless
    I never said harmless. I said not as big as deal as many think.

why have the news media been making such a big fiasco over it
    Let's see, what POSSIBLE motivation could the media have for blowing a story out of proportion? Hmmmm...let me think...OH YEAH, RATINGS!!!

troops with gulf war syndrome which was likely caused by a scud with biochems
    Actually, it was almost certainly SEVERAL scuds with BioChems. And you'll note, only a few are affected, and none have died yet. Considering how many millions that program must have cost, would you call that an effective attack?

the 911 episode could have been avoided with minimal precautions
    Not to be one of the scare-mongers I am blasting above, but that isn't true. Best evidence shows that the terrorists had co-conspirators on the ground. Routing them out will be tricky.

it is very possible to smuggle the nukes in the us even and hide them anywhere
    Of course it is. Where are you going to get it from? And how are you going to use it? Ever see a nuke? Even the small ones are pretty big. And they'll set of metal detectors and geiger counters a block away.

And why would you use it? See how quickly we tracked down who was responsible for 9-11? And all we had to go on were plane tickets. Do you think a nuke would be harder to track back to its source? And what nation do you think would sell a nuke to someone they knew would use it against the US? No one would - that's stupid. We'd turn them into a parking lot as soon as we found out.

Third-world countries might have a lot of crazies in power. But they don't have nukes. First-world countries that have nukes MIGHT have *some* crazies in power, but there are checks and balances in place all over to make sure they don't do something to incredibly stupid.

in my opinion

Do the research. Trust me, making a nuke is difficult. It is expensive, and it takes a LOT of time and research. The principles behind it aren't hard, but the materials are RARE, HARD TO MAKE, and EASY TO TRACK.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit