Another elder came and told me I'm not an apostate and no-one can judge me.

by Julia Orwell 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, I do think they could be trying to 'smoke me out' but I don't know how stupid they think I am. They're also trying to work on hubby: the elder who studied with him about 4 years ago calls him every weekend since he's been missing the meetings.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Londo111: To quote X-files: Trust no one!

Isn't it nice the way being a JW creates trust issues?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Agreed. I've been reading books about North Korea, and their system of informers sounds a lot like JWs'.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

He sounds like a human... so he has got a fair chance to wake up ;)

I must admit i agree with one of the posters: do not trust him entirely (just to be shure). A slip of the tongue is easy to make

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Uh huh and the weekend is rolling round again in this eastern hemisphere of ours so who knows which officious elder it will bring to my door? There is only one left who hasn't had a crack at me, so maybe I should expect him!

• Reality79
    Reality79

Sorry, I personally wouldn't trust him. The stuff he was saying sounds too good to be true. When I was on my out, a 'brother' I thought I was good friends wuth used to talk as if he knew the score, but it was all just a smokescreen and he ended up showing his true colours when he realised I just wasn't gonna budge. Him and his wife no longer speak to me and these were people I thought were my close friends.

I agree with another poster who said life has made them cynical, cos I feel the same way. You have to be extra wary and cautious as well as realistic.

No true elder really talks like that. It sounds like a ploy to me.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I figured that too, hence I was very cautious and gave nothing away. Years of being a Jw have taught me to be evasive!

• flipper
    flipper

JULIA- It sounds like Bear is a nice, decent guy. That being said - he is still an elder appointed by the WT Society and his first priority is to report to his fellow elders about your conversation with him. So I'm glad you were careful about what you said. Just don't let them corral you into exposing more of yourself than you want to. Then it could turn other JW friends you have against you as well, or other JW relatives. Elders talk to the flock and their wives, believe me. They've talked about me before after I stopped attending. Be careful. We are here for you, anytime you want to talk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit