I want us all to take a step back and BREATHE!

by NoRegrets 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I am personally unaffected by this. My FB page has very few friends on it, and none of them are JWs. I am ultra-conservative as to my online identity. I have never visited the AAWA FB page, nor will I as I believe that even going there may cause some undesired attention.

All that said, I have read all the threads, and frankly, this debacle is truly upsetting because so many new ones here could very easily get the wrong impressions and ideas about those of us who are out or who want out. My alias here says exactly how I want to go out... quietly. Not quietly here, but quietly among JW friends.

I'm also upset because I have a HUGE amount of respect for Cedars. I truly enjoyed his most recent exposé on the July 15 WT. I hope none of us forgets the work he's done there and with jwsurvey.org.

I'm not at all excusing the actions of anyone who added friends to the FB group without permission, and I would hope that Cedars and all the leadership of AAWA would just stop and reflect on the damage that was done, offer a sincere apology, and take whatever action is appropriate to protect the identify of those not yet outed. That would go a long way.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There's no denying Cedars has written lots of excellent commentary on the Watchtower over the years. And his videos are pretty good. Yet some of his behaviour is bizarre to say the least.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Well put on the "intro" to this thread. I agree with most everything that is said about "helping" each other and offering support.

I always have an open door, if you all need anything, just PM me. I am here to help ALL of you as I would expect you all to HELP ME.

Have a great weekend!

DG

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Thanks NoRegrets for this thread- it's time for us to focus on positive things and how we can help the newbs and each other to free our minds and combat cult mind control!

• Londo111
    Londo111

All of this is like the Marvel civil war. Or like Avengers vs X-men. *sigh*

Okay...I think I'm going to go away and read a comic book now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    However, we REALLY need to move on and try to reunite our cause!

I was auto-added to AAWA and removed myself before I even knew what it was. I was not hurt. I could comment on those that were hurt having major life changes that make it difficult to move on and try to reunite our cause. I could.....
    .....but I don't know what our cause is.

My cause is to personally recover and help my JW loved ones to think for themselves. It is not to bring down the Watchtower, even if I would love to see that happen.

My purpose at JWN is to share discussions with people that know where I am coming from and they know where I am coming from.

Many, but not all share my cause and purpose for their own lives. But really, we are a bunch of unherded cats. Some are in a pride of lions and some are just stray alley cats. Don't assume we have some higher purpose and lofty goals. That's Rick Fearon stuff.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

"Don't assume we have some higher purpose and lofty goals"

Well said OTWO - I agree, We are here for EACH other,

Besides I am deathly allergic to Cats...atchooooo!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have stayed out of the commentary, but I have read most of the threads. I was excited when I heard about AAWA, I did the survey, watched the video and I was thinking about contributing, but I was turned off by the name. My interest is in support for those that are leaving or have left, and trying to reach those still in. It seems AAWA is only interested in bringing down the Watchtower itself. While that is a worthy goal, I think this approach is going to turn off many who are still in but would like to leave. It's the difference between being FOR something or AGAINST something, I would rather be FOR something.

Then the Facebook issues surfaced and no way would I be involved now, I think it was handled poorly. I hope they get their act together, I think it is still possible, but until then, I am on the sidelines. I am getting sick of it at this point and won't be reading the threads anymore.

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

hi all

what the hell has happened? i mailed AWAA to volunteer and now everythin has blown up. i havent been abel to follow as regularly the boards in recent weeks due to a family member bein very seriously ill....

can anyone summarise what has happened?

cheers

WildeLover

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

WildeLover, many people were added to the AAWA Facebook group without their permission. Some are reporting that they have had issues with JW family seeing this and causing problems for them. AAWA has not been taking any steps to fix this, saying they don't have a problem and have been quite hostile when they did respond on JWN. Cedars seems quite upset, especially with Simon, even though Simon has tried to calm down the discussion and locked quite a few out of control threads. Some say that it is illegal for Cedars to be part of the non profit corporation under a pseudonym. Its very complex, but that is my understanding of the issues

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit