I want us all to take a step back and BREATHE!

by NoRegrets 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Thanks for all the nice responses! To address some our questions:

For those personally affected and/or outed by the AAWA Facebook debacle, I am truly sorry and by no means am implying that they need to pretend to forget what they are going through. I am outraged in your behalf and have truly lost respect for certain parties and the way the situation continues to be mishandled by them.

As far as what our cause is. I think this forum is the living manifestation of our cause: to inform! To inform the public about how sinister the Watchtower is! To inform each other of what we have all gone through to help each other move on quash any nagging doubts we may still have after being brainwashed ourselves by the JWs.

I myself got involved with some of the AAWA threads because the situation is outrageous and there are matters that still need to be resolved, BUT, the last thing we need to do is drag this matter out and continue to fight with each other! For parties directly involved, the pain and troubles continue annd matters still need to be sorted out. For the rest of us as bystanders, let's be informed of this situation and know what we might want to avoid and move on!

Love and Peace and here's to another great Watchtower weekend!

No Regrets

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

WATCHTOWER FREE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! I meant!!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Many, but not all share my cause and purpose for their own lives. But really, we are a bunch of unherded cats. Some are in a pride of lions and some are just stray alley cats. Don't assume we have some higher purpose and lofty goals. That's Rick Fearon stuff.

Thanks OTWO

I think you spoke for a lot of us here.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would love to move on and leave the Watchtower and it's distructive influence on my life in the past, as has been suggested. I wish I could, but as long as my daughter, her hubby and my grandson are still under the grip of this dangerous cult, I must keep up to date with everything Watchtower so I can help them if the opportunity arises.

I also wish someone knoweldgable would have helped me see ttatt sooner as my life may be very different now. I feel an obligation to be there to support others who need my encouragement to leave anyway they can. Thanks to JWN, we have a way to do this.

I appreciate what aawa wants to achieve, if we could just get the Society not to hurt people's lives that would be good, but the Watchtower also needs to stop this Armageddon scare tactic that has been going on for over a century and misrepresenting themselves as being the sole channel god uses to communicate with us. The Society will never give up this false claim and there will always be naive and vulnerable people who will believe the nonsense. I think the aawa should add this to the list of objectives they want to achieve.

• talesin
    talesin

dreamgolfer

Besides I am deathly allergic to Cats...atchooooo!

How horrible for you! You are deprived of one of the great pleasures of life ... having a feline friend.

xo

tal

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

My cause is to personally recover and help my JW loved ones to think for themselves. It is not to bring down the Watchtower, even if I would love to see that happen.

My purpose at JWN is to share discussions with people that know where I am coming from and they know where I am coming from.

Many, but not all share my cause and purpose for their own lives. But really, we are a bunch of unherded cats.

I agree with OTWO. While I'd love to see the WTBTS crumble into dust, my main goal in participating in online forums and writing my blog is to support those who are "waking up" to TTATT.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I get to be an alley cat? COOL!

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

thanks LisaRose.

the GB must be loving this division in the XJW community....... they won this round as individuals have lost out :-(

WildeLover

• *lost*
    *lost*

I disagree. It's all about Freedom of CHOICE for me. With a healthy measure of wisdom, discernment and understanding.

Life is a constant journey. Things change. People change.

People can and should have freedom to choose what they do, what they say, what they think, what they believe, what they read, what they write, who they love, who they believe in, who they trust. Choose how they treat others. Choose how to live their lives. Choose to care.

It's a process.

WT fails monumentally and is no longer a threat. It has lost it's power and can no longer control people. When you strip people of the very things they need to exist and leave them with nothing. They have nothing to lose. When someone has nothing to lose, no one to answer to, no one to navigate them, they are at the most dangerous. this is when they are most dangerous as they are most powerful, when they can no longer be controlled. Desperation forces people into desperate acts.

Choose positives - or choose negatives. It's all about perception really.

I see the positive here in that what has happened will bring people closer, form strong bonds - and from that alone will create a greater strength and power than before. Why ?

I see this as a process of unification. Siblings bitch and fight - but they settle their differences and rally round and protect and support. People in a community do the same thing.

We become more knowledgable - knowledge is power. Empowerment is the greatest gift you can give to someone.

What has happened is not an embarassment, far from it. it's about truth and trust. People need to get to know each other and trust each other. they have to learn who they can believe and trust.

People will see this openeness and transparency and the ability to discuss things and disagree and debate. The WT doesn't have this.

It's just a learning curve that's all.

It will put down a good strong foundation on which to build a solid structure that will be able to endure many tests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit