I want us all to take a step back and BREATHE!

by NoRegrets 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Ok gang, I love each and every one of you. But, it's time to move it along. Obviously, the AAWA blew up before they left the launching pad, but it's over and done. For those of you that were fading and were outed by the Facebook-involuntary liking incident, I am sorry. Truly and deeply. However, we REALLY need to move on and try to reunite our cause! The last thing we need is infighting that will only gratify the world's leading panel of false prophets (GB). I want us all to really try to wash our hands of all of this ugliness and remember who the real enemy is, and FIGHT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's make a promise to ourselves to move it along and stop letting them win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Regrets

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Like. As a fader new to TTATT, I agree with you.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

OR - We could just really move on - and find another church entirely ???

As long as your life is lived in reaction to the Watchower, scrutinizing every

article, every word they say and "fighting" it, you are still controlled emotionally

by the actions of the Watchtower. Sort of like a really bad divorce; and then you stalk

your ex-wife. Their is no faithful and discreet slave as the Watchtoer defines it.

So you can't 'improve' a false premise, a basic error cannot be 'cleaned-up'.

The term FDS is a weird twisting of instructions to take care of one another

its not about a power structure and setting up a 'sole channel of communication

between God and mankind' There is no Biblical support for the FDS, at all.

Its a parable about caring for others who need care, like the other parables, the Good

Samaritan, ( a guy who helped a stranger ) and the other illustration about

"I was hungry and you fed me, in prison and you visited me...."

All examples of how our actions toward others define our relationship to God.

I went to an interesting church a week ago, the Quakers,

They have no preacher, no creed, no doctrines, no leaders;

no governing body at all; no agenda. They are social activists, they ran

the underground railway and helped slaves escape slavery, and they were

active in the anti-apartheid movement. These are the important causes;

hunger, poverty, suffering, housing for the homeless, food for the hungry,

equality for all, men, women and all races everywhere, peace, social justice.

The Quakers meet and sit in a circle, in complete silence, and work on their

individual path, anyone who wants to say something,

can get up and say something, man, woman or child. Interesting church.

Fighting the Watchtower is beating a dead horse.

• Gayle
    Gayle

thx, villagegirl,,appreciated your comment.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Use the power of love... hatred never wins you much... love does...

• irondork
    irondork

I can see a future Watchtower article talking about how Jehovah frustrated the plans of opposers and threw the entire apostate community into confusion when they tried to organize against God's one true organization.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't be bothered to look at all the AAWA threads.

It's getting very tedious just seeing them.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Villagegirl's comparison of exiting the WT to a divorce is excellent. While I think it's important to find support during a life transition, at some point a person has to just let it go. In a healthy transition, some things are accepted as unchangable and then one changes everything (negative) within his power. You must leave the support group at some point.

Have you ever gone on a date with someone and all they talk about is their ex? That gets really old - really quick!

An organized effort to expose the WT to the "world" is commendable; albiet naively heroic.

After 40 + years in this highly controlled religious & social structure, I'm moving on - on my own!

Develop real friendships. Educate yourself. Be positive. Find happiness.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it's hard to step back and breath when the AAWA continues with it's abuse, yes abuse of persons such as Besty, who mearly pointed out their own error. Stepping back involves all parties, and unless you have the attention of the cartoon character, you aren't going to have peace on this.

What a clusterfuck

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“As long as your life is lived in reaction to the Watchtower, scrutinizing every article, every word they say and "fighting" it, you are still controlled emotionally by the actions of the Watchtower.”

I agree with that, but will add that it’s entirely appropriate for people to share their life experience and training toward helping others. It just happens to be the case that persons with experience and training in things “Watchtower” have an expertise in their pocket they can share which others can benefit from.

Regarding Jehovah’s Witnesses, my sharing has centered on helping people—and healthcare professionals in particular—better understand facts and dynamics of Watchtower’s blood doctrine in relation to the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The reactionary aspect of this is to help people understand something that’s best understood for everyone’s sake. I’m reacting to this need and not an attempt to assault Watchtower. My attempt is not to hurt or destroy Watchtower. Any hurt Watchtower suffers by my sharing of valid information is self-imposed collateral damage from my perspective.

It’s natural and healthy to share our training and experience with others toward helping them. It’s very fulfilling no matter the area of expertise. No matter our life experience, learning how to use it to help folks—including society in general—is an integral part of living a happy and productive life.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit