JW teen must have transfusion: Judge rules

by Tiktaalik 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

http://www.smh.com.au/national/teen-witness-must-have-a-transfusion-rules-judge-20130417-2i0lc.html

Summary:

17 year old JW has been ordered by the court to undergo a transfusion if his doctors deem it necessary. The teen has blood cancer and has been undergoing chemotherapy. As a result of this he is now severely anaemic.

His doctor advised that he would need blood, but the teen said he would rip the iv out of his arm if the doctors tried to administer it.

His father wrote a scripture on a hospital whiteboard that he said proved that god forbade blood transfusions.

The doctor said without a transfusion the boy has only a 20% chance of survival.

• sd-7
    sd-7

80% chance of more blood on WT's hands, then. I hope he survives regardless. If he ever wakes up and fully grasps what he was about to die for, it would be really heartbreaking for him.

--sd-7

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Thank god. Thanks for posting that Tik

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It must have been hard on the judge, knowing that when the boy turns 18 in just a few months, the boy has no choice but to start refusing blood again. It is such a tragedy. Blood increases his chance of survival from just 20% to 50%. Hopefully he survives and realises how misguided he is before he needs blood again.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

"The sanctity of life in the end is a more powerful reason for me to make the orders than is respect for the dignity of the individual." - Supreme Court Justice Gzell

http://jwleaks.org/blood/

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    His father wrote a scripture on a hospital whiteboard that he said proved that god forbade blood transfusions.

The doctor should write "Exodus 20:13" and "Deut 5:17" on the white board, along with a big red "X" through the Watchtower quote.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Sedate him then give him the transfusion. A few years from now he will probably wake up and go back and thank the doctors.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know about 17-year old martyrs, but I am pretty confident that deep down, JW parents hope the courts force blood on their children in these situations. That way, everyone's hands are clean in the organization by their reckoning.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

What a sad story, no matter how it turns out. Poor boy.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Another young life being prepared to be sacrificed on the alter of jehovah by the WTB&TS.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit