by Simon 226 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

We are not the wild west, that was JWO!

zed

• *lost*
    *lost*

Las Malvinas

I did make a relevent comment about his book way back at the start of all this.

Because i was asking questions I upset someone near and dear to him, and that person PM'd me.

Of course back then I was in the sympathy/let's fix this mode.

Also; it makes me wonder why there are some people making a huge fuss and attacking anyone that highlights the 'failings' involved with this Company/Business.

Like they say about 'the troof' it shold be able to stand up to scrutiny without a problem if there is nothing to hide.

'' One doth protest too much '' ..... no smoke without fire.

Like I said, non-profit is a mis-nomer. As is Charity status, WT is a classic example.

Subterfuge

Deceit used in order to acheive one's goal

A statement or action resorted to in order to deceive.

Evasion - ruse - trick - dodge - artifice.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy."

~Wayne Dyer

• *lost*
    *lost*

Ooooooooooooooh VERY INTERESTING

Wayne Dyer. American self-help author and motivatinal speaker.

Teacher of God and Jesus, very spiritual man here.

Oh dear,he's got a bit of criticism going against him. ... his teachings have been characterised as superficial platitudes that lack rigour and have limitedpractical or intellectual value.

Had a suit filed against him for .... PLAGIARISM for nicking 200 lines form someone else's work.

Married 3 times - not living with his last wife but not divorced.

-------------------------------

COMMON SENSE

Sound and prudent judgement based on a simple perception of the situation and facts.

The basic level of practical knowledge and judgement that we all need to help us live in a reasonable and safe way.

----------

Psycho babble B S

Idiotic nonsense

--------------------

Common sense

The ability to live ones life without psycho babble bs

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Ad hominem

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "Personal attacks" redirects here.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as an informal fallacy, more precisely an irrelevance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

• Satanus
    Satanus

Poison the well fallacy. Just cuz the guy isn't living w his wife and plagiarized, doesn't mean that that quote isn't true. I don't care for the way the guy populizes his stuff. But, that doesn't mean that a lot of what he says isn't true and isn't, basically common sense.

S

• The Quiet One
  • Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Their paypal donations still go to The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

A decade or so ago I used to post quite often that before one posts a thought you should imagine yourself standing on a stage in front of the whole world. The Internet has changed a lot since 2003, but the idea still holds.

There is no absolute privacy. A site and individual posters can take reasonable precautions but if you throw it out there on the world wide web, just know it can be found if someone is skilled and determined enough.

Forgive me but back in the day I found chat and PMs a more effective way of helping folks first beginning the exit out of the cult. That and lots of phone calls. There are ways to provide reasonable safety to people but it can never be absolute. There are ways of helping people who want to remain undercover, but at some point the JW must also step up and take a chance. Hopefully the forum they choose is a relatively safe one.

Just my thoughts and of no real consequence any longer. Carry on.

Chris

• venetian
    venetian

Time will tell with AAWA and there's no point continuing to go on about rookie errors on facebook. Move on.

Yet if JWN was a more forgiving and understanding board, aawa could benefit from the pooled knowledge and wisdom still here. If aawa had responded more quickly to the initial facebook problem, many on here would have been less vitriolic in their condemnation. So there are faults on both sides.

Some of your excellent and experienced regular posters are already actively supporting aawa. Why do you think that is? This board has been quick to shout their praises when it suits it to do so, so why are you so quick to doubt their decision now? Could it be that they know more about aawa and see its potential than those on this board?

But it shouldn't be an either/or choice. Both sites could benefit.

Simon, you need to stop taking sides. Stay neutral. The title of this thread shows you continued bias. This isn't the playground and its not a "winner takes all" game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit