I heard Jehovah's Witnesses were the first ones on the scene in Boston providing assistance.

by Theocratic Sedition 45 Replies latest jw friends

• likeabird
    likeabird

Of course they were there. First every time.

Just as present as their leader...

...invisibly...

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Hopefully there wasn't one of those tables full of literature or anyone out doing street Witnessing near the blast zone.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Yes I'm sure they were right there offering copies of the Watchtower and Awake magazines to the injured. Just what you need when you have been severly injured by a bomb.

The Watchtower has had long held policy of denying their members a chance to get an education beyond high school so the chances of any of the doctors, nurses, paramedics on the scene being JWs is pretty much zip.

A lot of the people injured needed blood to save there lives. Would you really want a JW involved saving your life under these conditions? If you need blood it would be: "Oh well there goes another one. Can't piss Jehovah off".

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

The only reason that the WTBTS would be there first would be to try to get some of the injured to sign some of those legal papers where you leave everything to the WTBTS

NJY

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Although I'm not really happy with the WTBTS at the moment and I don't always agree with their doctrine, to be fair, I must say ... No Jehovah's Witness I know or ever have known would ever be unhelpful or unsympathetic to anyone with the misfortune of having been caught up in a situation such as we've seen happen in Boston. I think it's unfair, even in jest, to suggest that JW's would in any way shape or form act in any way, but exemplary.

• Satanus
    Satanus

' No Jehovah's Witness I know or ever have known would ever be unhelpful or unsympathetic to anyone with the misfortune of having been caught up in a situation such as we've seen happen in Boston. I think it's unfair, even in jest, to suggest that JW's would in any way shape or form act in any way, but exemplary.'

When people fleeing 9/11 streamed past bethel doors, bethel closed and locked its doors. Churches in the area threw open their doors, as a haven to people fleeing the collapsing towers. Guess, you hadn't heard about that.

S

• Satanus
  • Satanus
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Satanus - how disgusting that they did that. Locked the doors.

I was obviously told the opposite, spin, spin, spin.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Again, no JW I've known would not personally help someone in an emergency situation such as the one in Boston. As for what was done at Bethel, during 9/11 I can't say. I have only heard things....I have no real evidence of what actually happened there. As a former Bethelite, I can think of lots of reasons why they would close their doors when the trade centers were crashed into only a stones throw away from them. Mostly security reasons and protecting the residents of the buildings until they knew what in the world was going on.

As an organization I would say that they are quite unprepared to allow the unsanitary gritty world into their pristine spiritual paradise at Bethel. It wouldn't suprise me to hear that they didn't just fling their doors open and scurry those in need straignt into the Lobby of one of the hotels or into one of the many large cafeterias where food and aid could be administered. For all I know, they may have done just that very thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit