Governing Body Hates Higher Education Because It Destroys Their Delusion

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Another thing The Governing Body's interpetation that they alone are the Faithful and Discreet Slave is so childish and based on wishful thinking that it would never appeal to the educated only the indoctrinated. The Governing Body purposely keeps dumbing down the flock to keep them in subjection, they can't have people even feeling that they are smarter than the Governing Body.

The Governing Body's interpetation of the bible is very childish, full of confirmation bias, assumptions, and speculations. They are not comfortable with smart people, it makes them uneasy, they just want people to Listen and Obey and not to think too deeply or question.

Higher education and delusional bible interpetation don't mix very well.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

WasBlind...My gggfather was a slave owner. At risk of life for himself and his family, he taught his slaves, how to read and write. Before the War started, he gave them their freedom, helped them with necessities so that they could survive, and instructed them how to flee to safety, to the North.

The Governing Body KNOWS what they are doing, denying basic human rights, for others. They are hypocrites and they know it. Their belly is full, all of their needs are taken care of. They do not care about the rank and file.

Why educate a drone?

Just Lois

• glenster
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Lois

Your GGgrand was a product of his environment, it was the way of life back then

A life the WTS still holds a form of amongst it followers. Right down to the Overseers

who oversee the Elders ( drivers ) who watch over those in the field

Yes, I have read where there were a few decent owners. But not enough to prevent

the war which divided the country . Yes , your gggrand risk his life

when he taught his slaves to read because It was forbidden, and so was the drum

because like the WTS , education ( college/ university ) and the drums ( internet )

threatened the control and livelyhood of the Slave master ( WTS )

The slave didn't need to understand ( comprehend ) the things he was told to do

jus' do it . Sound familiar ????? The master did all the thinkin' for the slaves.

Independant thoughts from the master was not allowed.

How many times have the WTS told the sheep things that were not understood

but were told to follow blindly anyway To question means use of independant thoughts

which is a no no in the world of a Jehovahs' witness

I don't blame anyone for a lifestyle outlawed years before their time

I use the southern slave master as an example of how the WTS operates

Sadly , there are those who have fooled themselves into thinkin' that unlike the runaway slave

they are " Free" to leave without repercussions . They still can't grasp that they, like the

runaway slave risk the loss off family and all they ever known

What I attempted to show here is that the things people fought so hard to gain access to, especially blacks

the WTS still discourages, Such as education ( Higher ) and the right to vote

Jehovah's witnesses never think to ask themselves how different fieldservice would be

if folks had " Waited on the Kingdom " for relief

At 14 years old , my mom had appendicitis, she was treated at a segragated hospital

becuase White doctors did not treat blacks

I am so thankful that the Doc who treated my mom did not let a

Jehovah's Witness talk him out of a further education. Because

a good black doctor was hard to come by back then

Before Black docs were educated at universities

blacks would be treated by animal doctors

Back to the subject at hand

Like the slave , Jehovah's Witness yearn for the end of this system

the slaves waited for a chariot to swing low and carry 'em home

slaves in captivity thought that if freedom didn't come in this world

it would be found in the kingdom of GOD. Yes. They would have to " Wait on the Kingdom"

Something the WTS still tell folks to do , even when they shouldn't sit and wait

The WTS claim The Governing Body is the " Slave " LOL

Slaves don't rule from Ivory colored towers. They toil in the fields

• designs
    designs

wasblind- very biting observations The Wt. ( I maintain) is the best resource for turning their members off than anything we could ever do, let them continue in their arcane ways and don't stand in front of the exit doors

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Here´s is my comment. The GB perhaps hate education/knowledge because they think it is the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge. But if God created our mind, brain, scull, so impressive, why did he forbid us to use it?

In my country almost 50% of the population has higher education. Consequently, Sweden is recorded to be one of the most secularized countries in the world. All higher education is free of charge on our ordinary universities. Consequently if you are looking for a job that req. any sort of skills, your chances of becoming on “the possibly” lists is zero with no university degree or higher educ.

But from the philosophical point of view why did Jehovah forbid Adam and Eve to eat from the tree. Was it that he/she didn´t want his/her children to know that it are the earth circling round the Sun. Did he not want his children to understand that many diseases come from bacteria? Was he afraid of his children understanding that earthquakes, tsunamis, eruptions comes from his creation. Was he afraid of that they should discover electricity? A.s.f.

If we humans creates a robot that is curious, intelligent, smart…. We will all be very happy when we can see trace of smartness, intelligence and curiosity.

What is it then God are hidden for us? A good God/father would never ever keep any facts and knowledge from his children. Facts keep them alive. At a university only proven facts are thought. In every classroom at a university you learn to support your arguments by controllable fact.

Unfortunately the GB hates facts. Facts proof them to be liars. Their whole credability undermines if more and more people know the facts, about the Bible, facts about the ages of mankind. Facts about the first Christians. A.s.f.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bugbear,

With so many going to college in Sweden, how are JWs there taking the GB ban on higher education? Are they removing elders and ministerial servants if they send their children to college? Are many youth leaving the Organization because of getting a higher education?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Now it's a long time since I left, but I remember that even in university towns there were very few JW's with higher education. I remember one who got PhD, and there was also a dentist.

A lot of the JW's were cleaners, but they seemed to avoid working at the university even as cleaners! Maybe the atmospere at the university was dangerous?! :-)

This was in the 1980's. Nowdays the JW's in Sweden are losing very many of the young ones. I should guess that some 70-80% of the young ones leave the organisation.

I remember that in the 1980's there used to be some 800-1000 people baptized every year in Sweden. Last year it was only 312.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

You are quite right. Beeing a JW,s in Sweden is almost impossible. The congregations is almost only spending their service time with immigrants and refugitives comming from Africa, Iran, rumania and other places with less knowledge in modern science.

Almost every interssed person at KH, is there only to make social relatives and learn Swedish

LOL

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

As to an answer to Dissmissing servant I would like to reply that elders in Sweden strongly recommend no higher education. They know as well as the GB that a person is lost if they attend any university classes. I have 6 children, all of them groving up as JW,s. But along with myself all of them "lost" to the world outside. All of them have gratuated in a university level, to my great happyness. I also see audult members starting new University/collage education, becouse of the need to get a job. After graduation, they leave tha congreation.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit