Governing Body Hates Higher Education Because It Destroys Their Delusion

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zeb
    zeb

Perhaps they would like to explain out of the 'education' they offer where 1874, 1878, 1881, 1910, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and there was a mention of 1984 being 'special'.

In education students might study 'human rights' and learn that paedophilia is nasty.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here in the southern parts of the United States, there was a time in history

when slaves were forbidden to read and write because it posed a threat to

the security of the southern slave master and the life he had grown accustomed to

The Governing Body members still follow that thought pattern when it comes to higher education

of all it's followers

Satan is much wiser that the Ol' southern slave master . He's an equal opportunity slave driver

Here in the south the Kingdom Halls mainly consist of Americans of African descent

It seem odd when one American of African descent stand before other Americans

of African descent, and discourage them from higher education, and incourage them

to return to the jobs as Janitors and window cleaners or part time jobs that cannot suffiently

support themselves jus' so they can give more time to work out in the " FIELDS" of service

Until laws were passed to allow us to excell in the work place

a job as a window cleaner , janitors and housekeepers were all we

could get when it came to secular employment

Unless we started a business in our segregated part of town

I wonder if Sam Herd is reminisent of the " Good Ol' Days " of Jim Crow

as he tell folks they should " Wait on the Kingdom "

I'm sure he loves his " Title " that says " Governing Body "

In reality, he should be name Step'N Fetchit

While the other Governin' Body Members are makin'

all the decisions.

Sam Herd is out Fetchin' their Water. At best he's only a token

a facade of equal opportunity

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Because of the delusional state the Reality Tunnel of the Governing Body is very narrow and filled with projections of the Devil almost everywhere, college,the world, toys, and in the voice of "stangers" (xenophobia). With this Devil projection going on, anything that is a threat to their delusion is a good enough hook on which to hang their Devil projection, due to extreme black and white thinking from which they suffer.

The Reality Tunnel of the Governing Body doesn't let them see the hardships their Devil projections are causing the rank and file, they compartmentalize it away from cognition with the epic tale of Good Deity verse Evil Deity, black and white thinking in its most rudimentary/primitive form, which keep the delusion in place with a superior feeling of being on the right side of the right Deity.

A divine education(sponsored by the Governing Body), is superior to college education in the delusional reality tunnel of the GB because divine education=Jehovah and college education=Satan. Thus we have black and white thinking sustaining/defending the delusion.

• James Brown
    James Brown

It's too bad.

An education is needed in this day and age.

If the society encouraged education they would have to change their beliefs, the whole

house of cards would fall down.

They would loose great numbers, they don't want to do that, and that is their sin that they are accountable

for.

With an educated flock they would be like most churches today.

Jesus said the kingdom is within. It seems the kingdom is hard to manage and control when it is within

so many different souls.

Religion and churches are like a spiritual kindergarten for pilgrims on their journey home.

What happens to or what do you call a child who never graduates kindergarten or first grade?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

They used to blabber that if one read the watchtower and awake for six months- it was equivalent to a college education.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Wanna,

In their world or reality tunnel reading WT&AW for 6 month= college education= brain surgery with a bullet to cure OCD=Satan. Leaps in logic, magical thinking, compartmentalization.

• inbutout
    inbutout

I am new to this forum, still attend meetings but slowly slowly fading. I did go to university and obtained my degree in finance. At that time no one really bothered me. Unfortunately I have seen too many bright and eager young witnesses who wanted to learn, who wanted to go to university, but did not get post secondary education because of pressure from elders, family, or other witnesses who would not mind their own business. These ones who did not get a higher education have become part of what makes up most of the modern day witnesses - the working poor. Where does it say it the Bible that someone should not get higher education. If someone wants to pioneer and dedicate their life to the ministry - that is fine, but for the 99% of young people who don't, they get pushed aside, neglected in the congregation and lose their focus. Also who is going to support the voluntary donations to the society when many of the witnesses struggle just to make ends meet? Its interesting to note that when a witness needs a medical procedure, they will go to a doctor who is university educated and will be thankful to that person for healing them, taking away their pain and in some cases saving their life. But what would happen if no one became a doctor? The flawed thinking and incessant rules that govern this organization are enough to drive a person insane. A nice glass of red wine (cabernet or shiraz) helps to ease the stress of entering the Kingdom Hall.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

inbutout:

I never realized just how stress-inducing this religion was until after I stopped going.

Their stand against higher education is damaging to anybody who heeds it.

What I hate most of all is the hypocrisy of them looking for college-educated individuals for bethel. So, the message I get, loud and clear, is that they do not want the rank and file JWs to get an education. However, if your education can benefit THEM, then it is okay.

Sounds like hypocrisy on top of insanity.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I used to think the anti-college rhetoric began with Knorr and Franz because one didn't go and the other didn't complete. Is there any indication that the Da Judge was anti-university? I also believe those at the top don't like to know those beneath them are smarter than they are.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit