Governing Body Hates Higher Education Because It Destroys Their Delusion

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In an effort to keep their delusion alive it is only natural for them hate something that lifts the vails of their delusion and lay it barren. Their hate is transfered to the faithful rank and file and manifested in their forbidding it to the young who will surely see the ignorance of their delusion. Narcissistic delusions of divine appointment are resisted at the expense of the young.

They hate higher education to the same extent they hate psychiatry because both tread on their delusion and identify it in clear terms.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Anthony Morris claims "divine education" superior to "higher education" useing leaps in logic and emotional apeal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmL-U6-KKJ8

Gerrit Losch claims higher education resembles brain surgery with a gun to cure a compulsive disorder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B7DRwti-H4

So we see to what lengths they will go to avoid facing their delusion and I think in some sort of freudian way perhaps Losch give away much about his own fight with the compulsive disorder, anyway I think these videos give us a good glimps into the sick and twisted mind of the Governing Body.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

So true- frankiespeakin!

Both psychiatry and advanced education can lead to questioning their status and legitimacy.

One teaches you how to think and the other helps you to understand why you think the way you do.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I am not so sure that the guys in the GB are deluted. Thay might as well be doing damage control.

If they are deluted, they would not be aware of their delusion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am convinced the organization is chiefly reactive. I'm not sure they've thought that deeply as to why college education is dangerous for the inquiring mind. I bet they have statistics that show that college-educated young people are less likely to come back. That's enough reason to condemn it.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

University education, does not make you rich, or even give you practical skills.

You can find skills in a university but not necessarily.

What university does is help you with critical thinking,

and that is only if you actually pay attention

and actually read the books, and write the papers and listen to

the lectures and allow yourself to absorb all the constant critiques and corrections,

that make you rethink everything. University challenges your thinking,

up front and personal, face to face with other students.

People who are smart, and isolated and uneducated, can sit at home and think,

gee I am so smart I could have been a brain surgeon.

But real brain surgeons are slogging it out with really smart people all around them

challenging them every minute. Universiy makes you question everything

and every form of information, and subject things to scrutiny.

University makes you see all the fraud and pomposity passing as wisdom,

and twisted logic, and false premises, and muddy thinking,

and you emerge hopefully, scarred and somewhat humbled,

but more sceptical, more aware of the way most people acquire what they

they think is knowledge. The Watchtower is a tissue of the most preposterous,

nonsensical, and grandiose postering worthy of the carnival flim flam man,

it doesn't hold up to any theological or historical or reasonable examination by any honest person.

Ignorance, is the only ground they can hope to sow their seeds in.

That is why they do not like their members going to university.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Gnat,

Avoiding cognitive dissonance keep them ignorant of the details they just know it's bad from CO reports, and graphs.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Education gives you freedom. You are in an environment of many thoughts with a diverse group of people.

You get to see that what the JW have been teaching is not as they have taught. You get to see everyone is not like your ethnic group, your family, you city, your state. This is one of few places where you will have such a diverser group of thoughts, experiences.

It's a place where many are gaining independence from childhood. It's the gateway to adulthood and your own thought.

...so this is one of many reasons why they do not encourage education.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am not sure either why they demonize education. The instructions are pretty specific too. For example according to one of BOE letters, a "bachelor" is viewed as higher education and unnecessary. Any one who defies this cannot be appointed to any of their position.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

This subject nauseates me.

It's fear, plain and simple. Their cultishness is exposed at university.

You can't be a good, honest student in college and NOT start to question things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit