Why isn't anyone on JWN invited to the Facebook discussion by AAWA tonight?

by wha happened? 159 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty

The anti abortion groups quickly learned that having the prefix "anti" in their organization's

name was detrimental to their image so they opted for the "pro" prefix.

Hence, ProLife

The pro abortion crowd also likes the "pro" prefix.

Hence, ProChoice.

When you get a couple of newbie Watchtower rejecters together who have no real world

experience because all they have been exposed to is negative sh*t about everything and

everyone but their own little group they make mistakes common to the uneducated.

I looked over their facebook site a couple of days ago and realized it reminded me of a song...

He's a real nowhere Man,
    Sitting in his Nowhere Land,
    Making all his nowhere plans
    For nobody.
    Doesn't kave a point of view,
    Knows not where he's going to...

He's a real Nowhere Man,
    Sitting in his Nowhere Land,
    Making all his nowhere plans
    For nobody.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Barbara Anderson, Paul Grundy, John Hoyle, Lee Marsh, Dick Kelly. . . not newbie Watchtower rejecters.

*smdh*

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

why is there so much antipathy toward aawa? I don't understand -- they seem like a well-meaning group of people who want to publicize the idiocies of the wtbts.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

they seem like a well-meaning group of people who want to publicize the idiocies of the wtbts.

Because they started with saying how awesome they were going to be, fell flat on their faces, compromised the security of hundreds of people andw handled the results with nothing short of trainwreck results, admitting incompetence, then presuming complete competence, refusing to answer questions, refusing to take steps to protect those that were compromised, etc.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• venetian
    venetian

Because they started with saying how awesome they were going to be, fell flat on their faces, compromised the security of hundreds of people andw handled the results with nothing short of trainwreck results, admitting incompetence, then presuming complete competence, refusing to answer questions, refusing to take steps to protect those that were compromised, etc.

EntirelyPossible.

Remember this fact, none of the members or directors of AAWA are professionals, theyre all just concerned, well meaning men and women who want to pool their acquired skills and do some good. Yes a mistake was made but AAWA wasnt to blame for the crass stupidity of others who used their name to do harm. So why doesnt everybody get off their back and start being more positive?

You know what? Im beginning to think that a few members on here are just full of hot air. They like to moan and groan about how terrible the Watchtower Society is and how it has damaged their lives blah blah blah, yet when an opportunity comes along to actually DO something in a practical way, they look for any excuse not to get involved.

ps, how do I stop this bloody text highlighter thingy?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So, if I want to join in ..... I have to identify myself to a FB group with a thousand members that were force joined, without any checks, that may, or may not, consist of WT moles/trolls/Elders/etc??

.... or have I got that wrong??

• venetian
    venetian

Black sheep

.... or have I got that wrong??

Yes you have. To join AAWA you dont have to be part of their facebook page. Im a volunteer and not on their facebook page.

As for the bogus FB page, let me say it again, AAWA WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT!!!

So please stop confusing the two. Either join the AAWA and their genuine FB page if you choose to (no probs if you choose not to )

And by all means condemn the numpty who made a bogus FB page in AAWA's name and compromised security.

But for goodness sake! Stop confusing the two.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi venetian,

Read my question again please. I wasn't asking if I need to out my FB profile to join the AAWA.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Remember this fact, none of the members or directors of AAWA are professionals, theyre all just concerned, well meaning men and women who want to pool their acquired skills and do some good. Yes a mistake was made but AAWA wasnt to blame for the crass stupidity of others who used their name to do harm. So why doesnt everybody get off their back and start being more positive?

Well, they did harm. Just wanting to do good doesn't mean you are. As I said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. It's also a matter of fact that one of their approved volunteers did the harm and after the fact, it wasn't fixed, in fact, they took their ball and went home.

You know what? Im beginning to think that a few members on here are just full of hot air. They like to moan and groan about how terrible the Watchtower Society is and how it has damaged their lives blah blah blah, yet when an opportunity comes along to actually DO something in a practical way, they look for any excuse not to get involved.

People think all sorts of things. At least the people you THINK aren't doing something didn't expose hundreds of people and then refuse to fix it.

Road. Hell. Paved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit