What is the role of the rest of the Anointed,please ?

by Phizzy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

What would be great is if the rest of the Annointed made crêpes.

I would love that teaching!

Crêpes are one of my favorite foods, and having the Annointed make them makes sense because they are already familiar with flat, round bread [1].

[1] crêpes are typically flat and round, but they happen to be a form of cake. See chart 4f, page 32.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

As the FDS/GB would say: Just shut up . . . die . . . and get glorified with Jesus.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Their role is to sit there and look pretty. Totally ADD

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Ha ha ha! Crepes for breakfast of champions.

In my language it's the same word "smord" for anointed and greased/oiled. I'm beginning to have some ideas...not only about crepes!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The 'annointed(TM)' are now relegated to being just delusional loonies that must give cash, goods and worship to the Holy GB.

Anointed are nuts - August 15, 2011 Watchtower (the study edition) pg 22 QfR: Memorial partakers. This is the number
    of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed
    ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or evenmental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The rest of the anointed are a by-product of C.T. Russell's establishment of the religion. Rutherford could have gotten rid of future "anointed" by saying the number is completely full and done, but it didn't really get in his way so he didn't worry about it. Not ending it in Rutherford's time allowed for some of the "remnant" to use the idea of being anointed to harvest the newer members of the Governing Body.

And having a by-product around wasn't totally useless for all these decades. It certainly made it easier to recruit from "Christendom" when potential recruits learned that the desire to go to heaven was proper. I remember studying as an adult, having that be part of the teachings. But then as a student got deeper in, the idea was thoroughly trampled on by the teachings that the number was virtually filled.

Anointed outside of the Governing Body have never been important. They have been told to follow the directions of the local elders. They have no special hotline or even some special pink envelopes to send their opinions to the Governing Body. They are total inconveniences to the G.B..

Punk is right above. Congregations are to view any anointed who are not ancient cooperative "followers" as total nut jobs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit