RIP Annette Funicello

by Dagney 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

She was my favorite Mouseketeer.

• TD
    TD

I met her about twenty years ago. She was walking with a cane even then.

Poor lady..

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Very sad to see she died of MS. Not many people know my wife and me took in a brother with MS into our house and took care of him for 15 years until he died back in 2010. Even though he was older than my wife and I he called us mom and dad. The first 10 years was relative easy care but as the MS progressed it was a 24/7 care for him. He died at our home in front of us. It took a long time for us to get over it. It was like losing a child. We still think about him everyday and those who still deal with that disease. The horrible thing about it all was at the furneral where the witnesses could not understand why my wife and I was hurt by his passing. All they could tell us was now you can get to the meetings and go out in service more. Their lack of love and concern for us was really eye opening. It helped us to really see the WT was truly a cult. Totally ADD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Poor thing, she is at rest now. She had the more progressive, more disabling form of MS. I have a friend with MS who has the other kind, called relapse-remit, and I can see over the years that she is slowly declining, but with meds it is not so bad, although the outcome will be the same, I suppose. AF had a much more severe form and apparently has been in a coma for a while. I remember reading a few years ago she could only communicate by blinking her eyes. Terrible!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I thought it was so strange that she died today. I was thinking about her for some reason last night and wondered if she was still alive or how her MS had progressed and I came across this news documentary on her I think that was done not long ago; probably the last public appearance of what multiple sclerosis did to her. It's heartbreaking.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=881245&playlistId=1.985726&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

LRG

• DanmeraDinglebum
    DanmeraDinglebum

One thing she said in an interview I've never forgotten, I just thought it was cute. She was hired for Mickey Mouse Club, and she was talking to Walt about changing her name. She was so worried it was not american enough, that it was too hard to say, and no one would be able to pronounce it. Walt smiled, reassured her, not to worry, everyone will know your name.

He was right.

• Dagney
  • designs
    designs

Great pics, what memories watching the Mouseketeers.

• Violia
    Violia

thanks for those pics , now if anyone has some from the beach bikini movies it would be fun.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Ohhhhhh...Annette. She was one of America's Sweetheart's.

That's right Flipper. That vibrant Lady won't have to suffer anymore. I saw a TV Special on her life, a few years ago and how her husband was tenderly, looking after her. Her MS made her speechless and terribly crippled and helpless.

Totally ADD, how loving to look after your Friend, until he died. I am so sorry for your loss.

Finkelstein...I wasn't going to cry today, but your YouTube about The M-I-C-K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E Club, brought such memories back... I got out of School, later than my brother. When his classes were over, he would go home, strap on his skates, grab mine and head out the door to go back to school, and wait for my class to finish. He joyously strapped on my skates, used the key, to tighten them onto my leather shoes, and we would roller skate, in single file, through the neighborhood, down the smooth sidewalks, across the rougher asphalt, have fun and "adventure" until it was time to go indoors and turn the Mickey Mouse Club on.

I identified with Karen, the youngest. I thought of my sister like "sweetheart" Annette. No. The only, same, attribute, my sister had, like Annette, was the color of her hair.

What a stupid, cunning, cruel religion, to teach us, we will never grow old in "Satan's system".

We are finished, with the 1900's. I will be finished in a few more decades. This century will pass...then the next...and the next.

The Watch Tower Society can cherry pick scriptures, all they want. Teach lies and hide pedophiles, all they want. All the present Governing Body members will be dead, in a few more decades. They will die with comfort, full stomachs, good dental hygiene, 24/7 loving and devoted care, in a clean and warm, Doctor attending, no worries for them, environment.

The publishers, pioneers, "special" pioneers, CO's, DO's, Missionaries, that worked free for them, gave over their youth, their life, their money, can all drop dead, and they will...

Don't go to University!. Only our Friends, can go to University, says the GB.

You are showing lack of faith, getting married, having children, buying a house...We are telling you...do not invest in this old system. Only we can, say the GB.

You won't need a retirement fund. Only we "get" one, says the GB.

Invest in property and "flip"? You can't do that! Only we can, say the GB.

Governing Body look after themselves and their friends. That's the way "Satan's System" works.

Just Lois...((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs and Love to All of us)))))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit