How Many Here Have Ever Smoked Pot or Tobacco?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• soontobe
    soontobe

My entertainment this evening has been a bottle of 2007 Elegia rioja. It's tempranillo, and shockingly good for what little it costs.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

In the late 70's, when I was a teen, I smoked cigs & pot. Now my lungs convulse if I try to inhale either into them ( been at a couple parties where both were available). I stick to wine as my vice these days.

• Glander
    Glander

2007 Elegia rioja.

OK, so what is it? Sounds like a wine. Red, rose, white? sweet? dry?

• soontobe
    soontobe

Sorry. Not Elegia. Eguia. I wrote it wrong. Red, dry, medium bodied, rather more tawny than ruby in color.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

The only problem with pot is when all you got left is just Twigs and Seeds, cause it sure don't deliver the punch that this old head needs....Jesse W.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I gave up smoking shortly before my baptism in 1971. In 2006 I started smoking again out of stress (but I did try a few in 2004) and was hooked again. It wasn't long and I was coughing and wheezing as if I had never stopped 30 some years before.

It seemed that each year since I started back up in 2006 that I wound up with bronchitis at least twice a year. It really scared me. Well finally in October of 2012 I had my Doctor give me the patch. I had it for 14 days and haven't had the urge for another smoke since.

Coming up on six months clean and don't even think about it anymore. The monetary rewards are even better. i was smoking Camel Lights which cost $6.27 a pack. So it comes out that I was smoking a pack a day which came to about $185.00 or so a month. Wow! What I have saved in the past six months has more than paid for my two flights to visit my daughter in southwest Florida.

HappyDad

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Christ Alone - I love it. would enjoy hearing your story some time.

I've tried cigs and pot. I was curious at age 40 if I could actually get addicted to cigarettes - you hear so much about how it targets the young and they are more vulnerable, etc. So, being the budding scientist I am, I tried to see if I could get hooked. I didn't. But I"ve heard of people getting addicted as adults...so....

With pot...I did it a few times, but never got high. Never understood the attraction. Until one night. I had a really, really bad experience and ended up in the hospital with weird heart crap going on. So I never tried again.

I'll stick with alcohol. It knows me. I know it. We know each other.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I started smoking when i was twelve ,started drinking beer when I was 17 ( legal age 18 here in OZ ) I hung out with older freinds , gave up smoking when I found the "truth" when I was 19 only to be disappointed after a year or two to find out it was not a df offence ,early 60`s ,however I never took it up again. I still enjoy a slab of beer and a cask of wine before dinner ,(just kidding) I never had the urge to try pot or drugs if I did I would have been dead long ago.I was a chain smoker roll ur owns and I definetely had alcohol problems in my teens which took years to get under control while still an active JW . I devised a self help program to control my problem drinking back then which succeeded for me and now in my 70`s I can enjoy a beer or wine and remain in control.

smiddy

• Glander
    Glander

My Dad smoked Bull Durham roll your owns. The little bag had a drawstring and a packet of papers on the back. In one smooth motion he could roll a cigarette, lick the paper, smooth it then twist the ends. Strike a match with his thumb and take a big draw. I watched him do it a hundred times. He would flip the drawstring between his teeth and draw the bag closed.

When he could afford ready-mades he smoked Winston and Marlboros. Then the Watchtower cracked down in the late sixties and early seventies so he quit.

• Pickler
    Pickler

I started smoking in my early 20s. It was so easy because I'd been working in a smoking office, everyone had an ashtray on their desks. I'd been breathing it in for so long, that when I finally had a cigarette it felt natural.

biggest mistake ever, it was so hard to quit 6 years later, I found the cravings lasted for years.

I smoked other substances (pot? Does that mean hash? Like the resin that you crumble?) for a few years. I haven't for a long time now, sometimes I miss it. But a nice glass of red is just as good. Now a hash brownie would be spectacular!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit