in regards to AAWA

by johnamos 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I would like to know what the right way to do this is, John Amos. You keep saying that everyone is going about this wrong. So enlighten us.

AAWA is not a religious organization. It is not trying to prove the WT wrong based on the Bible. It is trying to protect those that have been hurt or will be hurt by this organizations policies. It is not against JWs at all. It is against WT policy. Should AAWA sit back and watch these men continue to abuse millions?

There are plenty of Churches out there that can minister to the religious needs of people. But there has not been an organized body to stand up against the WT. This is sort of like "Occupy Watchtower". They will stand in place until the WT begins to be forced to change their manipulative, mind controlling ways. THAT is the point.

JWs have been worried about WW3 for a LOOOOOONG time now. It is always looming. There is always an international crisis about to strike. So why not just sit back and let the WT do what it will. That line of thinking has not, and will nto work. It is time to make the public aware about what the WT is doing behind a cloak of secrecy. Yes, some will be offended. Some will say, "See? It's just what we knew that apostates would do." That's fine. AAWA is not concerned wtih JWs who have no desire to research and wake up. It's issue is with the policies of the WT and putting so much pressure on them that they MUST change.

Let's bring the WT into a more public forum. Get them some exposure much like Scientology has received. No longer let them hide and appear to merely be loving and kind people who give free magazines at the door and live moral lives. Expose the WT for what it is, and let the world know.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

On that note, I think this should be AAWA's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

• perfect1
    perfect1

tell us more of your wisdom, oh john.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Less musically effective, but lyrically better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

Especially this line:

If we live our life in fear
    I'll wait a thousand years
    Just to see you smile again
    Kill the prayers for love and peace
    You'll wake the thought police
    We can't hide the truth inside

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Johnamos,

You are speaking loud but not saying anything. You are opposed to AAWA, but also opposed to the society. So here is a thought, not everything is what we think it should be. AAWA will accomplish good, and pools resources for a fractioned community of ex-jw's. MANY of us cannot "come out" as it were, because of the stranglehold this religion has on family and fiends.

If you have not been in that situation, you really can't say anything about it. Period. Were you at one time a JW? Why overly focused on things you cannot predict and don't belong to you to understand? (WW3 because N Korea is having a temper tantrum?)

Why not concisely say what you think, or better yet, present some research you think would be helpful to the cause.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

John, how long have you been a JW? Do you remember the Korean War? Missile crisis? USSR nuclear threat? I am too young but here's my point. Every time there's any kind of war threat of conflict, the Dubs get all excited thinking the big A is here. They even write about it in publications. Look at how many times their speculation about who the king of north has changed! Now they remain strangely quiet about it. One would think Christ would let his boys know who that is, don't you?

There have always been worse times than now. Violence has steadily declined over the centuries, especially so in the last 50 years. Average living conditions for humans are the best they've ever been. True, not everyone has access to the medical treatments and luxuries that we take for granted, but at least they're there now.

You need to face this fact: these are not the last days. IMO the bible is a storybook but you're a believer so I'll make you this challenge... Listen carefully.

When this silliness with NK blows over with or without incident I want you to return here and continue waking up from your JW slumber. NK is not a real threat, so WWIII isn't going to happen. If the UN steps in, all the better. Remember, the UN has to target RELIGION to fulfill myth.. Er.. Prophecy. And I hope they do. The world could use less religion.

You sound like a sincere guy John, perhaps just a bit ignorant. Can't blame you, brainwashing will do that to a person. I hope you figure your shit out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    My point is to ask a series of questions to the GB while supplying excerpts by them at the same time when doing so…
    and all the focus should be is on getting them to answer the questions. Their own answers will be the end of them..

Your going to Question the WBT$ GB Popes?!!..

http://www.sportfishermen.com/board/attachments/f9/246235d1361454637t-laughing-hysterically.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4qteTmbm1qgfv7q.gif

..................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

if Jehovah is allowing this to happen - to what end? I don't see how a benelovent god would need an early organization let alone allow it to have doctrines that are counterproductive to human psychology. When is it EVER right to shun a family member? If someone wants to leave, why can't they do so with no strings attached?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Johnamos-- I appreciate that you have strong beliefs and want to share them with people. Can I ask you two questions, though.. 1) If Jehovah is going to soon bring about the downfall of the Watchtower, then why do you want to warn AAWA to stop what they are doing, will they interfere with the Almightys plan? ..and 2) What specifically proves to you that the Bible is Gods Word, rather than words of men? Thanks in advance for replying.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I don't think you're wasting your time here

I can't say how the AWWA is going about things, as I have not done an overview.

However, you have a point re how anyone can be even more effective. There are those who are ex JW's, JW's, future potential JW's, those who are up in arms with world religion in general, as well as cult victims. Steven Hassan has proven there is more then one way to skin a cat.

The GB has had many questions asked of them now and throughout the years. There is much proof of this and it has not been effective. So since they are not listening, any other suggestions?

Also, our love for are loved ones are not conditional like the WTS. Our loved ones have basically been kidnapped and brainwashed to believe the lies. Many of our loved ones, don't use critical thinking.

For instance. If someone is following the GB's rules of dogma and conduct, but at the same time admit and see the hypocrasy of the GB, why does one still subbornly follow what the GB says, knowing God doesn't approve or bless of such conduct? Why would someone sincerely shunn their beloved family knowing this? Becasue they are held captive, emotionally and mentally. So if my loved one was kidnapped, should I just turn my back on them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit