in regards to AAWA

by johnamos 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

Carry on Cedars

Thanks wasblind, but this is not about cedars, this is about AAWA. The moment AAWA becomes just about me is the moment everyone needs to stop supporting it. AAWA will only work if it is a team effort. It can never and will never be just about me.

Cedars

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Just one question:

Look at this: "Yes, the MANY things you say against the WTS/GB are correct, but you fell to understand that this is all foretold and allowed to happen by Jehovah. "

This could be a person who is a believer, but critical of certain things in the WTS and the GB. I don't see the reason to act like "apostates" are supposed to do according to the society. Certainley not when this was his first post. Probably he was scared away, maybe into the arms of the society, rather than being on his way out. It could also be a DF'ed person, and thus very lonley and comfused. I think it could be a god idea being more careful when debating newcomers.

But this is just my opinion..I don't have the absolute truth

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for gettin' me straight on that Cedars

and what a great team it is

• wasblind
    wasblind

This could be a person who is a believer, but critical of certain things in the WTS and the GB. I don't see the reason to act like "apostates" are supposed to do according to the society. Certainley not when this was his first post. Probably he was scared away, maybe into the arms of the society, rather than being on his way out. It could also be a DF'ed person, and thus very lonley and comfused. I think it could be a god idea being more careful when debating newcomers.

Scared away from his own " Spiritual Food " ?????

All I did was serve him the " spiritual food " cooked up by the GB

and served from the mess hall of the WTS

Trust, he's not fightened away by lies from us

His troof can't stand up to the real truth we tell about the WTS

As far as him bein' a believer he needs to test the things he believe in

and if it can't stand, then he's on shiftin' sand

• wasblind
    wasblind

This could be a person who is a believer, but critical of certain things in the WTS and the GB._____DS

Is it true that there is good in all religions ?

" Most religions do teach that a person should not lie or steal, and so forth. But is that sufficient? Would you be happy tp drink a glass of water because someone assured you that most of what you were getting was water ?_____Reasoning From the Scriptures book page 323

LOL, Seems to me the WTS went beyond the " One Drop rule when they prepared their Kool-Aid

• johnamos
    johnamos

It’s amazing what ones will take away from what they read…I didn’t say that was my first post…I asked if they saw my first post. I posted about 607-587.

And really no one should be replying except those that have a say so in AAWA. My point is not that I don’t think they should speak up and expose the falsehoods…I am just saying that it is in the way you go about doing it, is what matters.

I want the facts to come out as much as anybody…but if you speak in a certain way and look in a certain way and act in a certain way, you will be sure to turn away many before you can even get your message heard.

If you want to wake up the JW’s and expose the GB’s lies, then the manner that it is to be done is critical.

Many may know who Robert King is…I will go on record to say that I agree with much that he says…but even he has gone about it wrong and got to big on himself.

And who are you and the ones that are still at the halls that say you can’t leave because of friends and family? If the people that you claim to stay in for, will stop talking to you if you leave, speak up, etc… then why would you want that same person in your life any way. But now I am off topic…My point is to ask a series of questions to the GB while supplying excerpts by them at the same time when doing so…and all the focus should be is on getting them to answer the questions. Their own answers will be the end of them…………

Anyway…I see by the foolish comments that I am wasting my time……

• Mum
    Mum

We've all tried the Watchtower way, johnamos. It did not work for us. Here is what I hope the AAWA will accomplish:

1. No more dead babies, children or adults because of refusing a blood transfusion.

2. More public awareness of the consequesnces (e.g., shunning, child abuse, spouse abuse, death from lack of medical treatment, etc.) of getting involved with the Watchtower organization.

3. No more families full of tension, not speaking to one another.

4. No more child molestation, and prompt reporting to authorities if there is child molestation.

5. No more torture of innocent children because they cannot sit quietly for two hours. Kids need activity, not strapping down.

6. Public awareness of false "doom and gloom" hogwash. The world is a better place now than in the past.

7. Jehovah's witnesses' having the same freedom to think for themselves and getting an education as everyone else.

I'm sure there's much more.

Learn something about history. If wickedness were to bring on Armageddon, it would have happened long ago.

Best wishes in your journey to greater awareness.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Comments are only foolish to those who can't answer to them

Sorta like the fox who couldn't reach the grapes, so he says to himself

" They were sour anyway "

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

AAWA isn't a threat. It's a rescource for people who have questions or need help. This includes active witnesses, interested ones and ex witnesses. People need support. They need a source for help. They need someone who can understand what they are going thorough.

If you watch the video, you will see it clearly says that AAWA is not against witnesses. They simply feel that every witness should be guranteed the right to have medical treatment, an abuse free existence, an education and a right to remain in a loving family even if they disagree with WT mandates or doctrine.

AAWA will help create a central community for ones who need assistance. They can answer questions. Witnesses can still be witnesses. It's not an attack on the JW beliefs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"It's not an attack on the JW beliefs." and that is its great strength, it is not duplicating the fine work done by JWfacts and others, it is filling a great need, somewhere for JW's who want and need help to go, to be a place where guidance and support are freely and non-judgementally given.

As I said on another post, I think most of us would be quite prepared to let the WT carry on in its own way if it addressed its failings, many of which are listed by Mum above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit