'Experiences' in Gay Nightclubs, Part One!

by SYN 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Gay clubs can be great fun...

... they can also be confusing if you are straight...

You see a cutie... she's dancing with a guy... is he gay? Is she gay? If he's gay is she straight? Is she just wearing your standard combats, boots, vest, wallet on chain, crop hair look 'cause she like it, or to say something.

Sod it, I'll have another drink...

I did have one funnt experience at one club - just an ordinary club.

I met this girl I knew vaugely called Claire, who was quite cute, and got chatting. She introduced me to this delectable girl called Mel. On and off through the night I was chatting away with them, always seperately, getting on like a house on fire, and wondering "Oh, shit, what do I do?"

This was solved rather neatly by Mel near the end of the... she said "I need a snog, I'm going to the loo's". I, surprised, said "Snog who?". "My girlfriend, Claire", she replied.

Wonderful. Spent the entire night chatting up the two halfs of a gay couple - and it wasn't just a fob off, as although they both went both ways, at the time they were together.

Since then I have got slightly less clueless, thank god.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Reborn, Thanks for the kind words.

I don't go out to gay clubs much because I hate smoke and crowds. I've never been to straight clubs much either for the same reason.

Mitch and I met at training for the Atlanta Gay Center Helpline.

If you are straight and go to a gay club and are cute you will probably get hit on. But a no thanks is usually all it takes.

Reborn, I view your heterosexuality as our loss and the ladies' gain.

You are adorable.

take care

Joel

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Never been to one. Maybe I'll buy a shiny shirt and leather pants and go get free drinks. Why am I paying?? All that wasted money. :)

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

Gay men are just so sweeeeet and...platonic... as one of my gay friends ( guy) said.." oooh man we still love women.. I can get an appetite from them....I just dont eat 'em... "..LOL..

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Abbadon: ROFL. ROFL. Damn, that was funny...you must have felt like a right chopper after that!!!

Naeblis: Yeah, guys buy me drinks all the time, and it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable actually, like they're expecting something from me! So I just send the drinks back! (Mainly because I don't ever drink to start with...)

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Thanks Joelbear, it is you who are too kind.

I just cant imagine what kinds of horrors you went through at Bethel and elsewhere in your life having to "hide" who you really are, out of fear of facing the "loving" "Friends"

(((((((HUG JOELBEAR)))))))

I have a gay friend. He knows I am straight, and there is an absolute understanding. Just because our sexual preference is different doesnt mean we dont have a wonderful friendship. Anyway, I went to a gay club with him one time on his invite, probably out of sheer curiousity of what his world is like in that sense, and because he told me you can pick up hetero chicks there too. Well, I can vouch, it is just like Joelbear says. ALOT of smoke, loud music, and people packing in like sardines. (I guess that fits about any club now doesnt it?) Im a bit claustrophobic, so I didnt like it much.

Now, a few guys DO hit on you, but being polite and forthcoming is usually about all it takes. "Im here with my friend, I am happily straight" was sufficient.

Id love to hear more about your story Joel. I know bits and pieces from reading some of your posts or threads. I guess I know bits and pieces about almost everyone on here from reading so many individual life stories and experiences.

SYN.. you are SOOO BAD! LOL

Should I tell? HEHE :P

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• SYN
    SYN

I'm leaving it in your hands, Reborn. Do with the info exactly what you want...I think it's time now anyway. But I couldn't say it out loud myself.

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Y'all are so funny! ("Y'all" - guess what state I'm from?)

Anyway, I know what it's like to hide who you really are at the KH...I can't imagine what it would be like at Bethel.
    I did everything I was "supposed" to do in order to keep straight...you know, prayer, prep for all the mtgs, personal study, 'good' association. I married a brother. I even became a regular pioneer to help keep my thoughts 'clean' and stay busy. I became so miserable that I got suicidal. I ended up on 3 prescription medications for depression, anxiety, and sleeping disorders. I started therapy hoping that having someone to vent to would help. Nothing worked!

I got desperate to 'do what was right' and asked an elder for a sheparding call so I could confess all my 'evil fantasies'. The elder forgot about my tearful request and six months later I ended up committing adultery. It was the best thing that could have happened! I am now free and have learned the hard way that the JWs are the borg. I'm glad I got out when I did. Since leaving the WTS I've been taken off two of my depression meds and I get a good nights sleep. I am free and happy and at peace!

"...if there is a hell, I'll see you there." (NIN - Downward Spiral)
    I'll be the one providing the fire.

• SYN
    SYN

Good for you FireDragon, good for you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    ("Y'all" - guess what state I'm from?)

Innocently, the Texan responds, "California?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit