need help

by Crazyguy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome to the forum, Crazyguy.

You're in a bit of a bind, I see. Besides what the others have said, I think you should consider moving to another location if that's possible. Being in a new town where the elders don't know you could relieve some of your stress. Do you work for a company that could transfer you to another place? If not, do you have a skill that is in demand so that if you start sending out resumes you might get a good job offer. Moving for a better employment opportunity is a great excuse.

Meanwhile, keep researching, but keep it to yourself at first. There are ways to make comments or ask questions so that the other party might start thinking. Be very kind to your wife. If you can, bring her flowers, take her on dates, and reassure her of your love and concern for the family. You have the advantage of being head of the household, so you can tell the children stories that might start them to looking at things from a broader perspective than the doom-and-gloom scenario presented by the JW's. I don't know how old your children are, but age-appropriate activities to encourage development of critical thinking skills would be very beneficial.

I hate to recommend dishonesty with your family, but, as others have pointed out, it's probably the only way to keep the family together at this point. I am NOT saying the recommendations I made in the previous paragraph would be dishonest, but that your doubts and research will have to be done in private. Years of brainwashing can't be reversed overnight, so be patient with your family.

Baby steps . . .

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Crazyguy, you have a PM

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Secure your rights to your children,(if your wife decides to leave)

If you are an American or Canadian, or English you have rights.

Your parental rights are part of Family Law. Research these rights.

Attorneys will usually give you an interview for free or a small fee.

Understand your rights. Maintain your cool. If your wife loves you,

she will hopefully stand by you. You know her better than anyone.

Do not debate with the elders. It will lead nowhere but to your harm.

Writing letters will get you disfellowshipped, thats a fact.

This organization does not tolerate criticism of any kind, it is an

absolute dictatorship. Would you spit in the face of Hitlar ?

• whathappened
    whathappened

My heart is breaking for you. You are for now trapped in a religion you know full well is not the truth.

All this advice that has been lovingly given to you on this thread is good. Proceed cautiously with the goal of not raising your children in this dangerous religion. They probably will want to leave like most young people do at some point. Don't let them be misled by Watchtower propaganda. It is your duty as their father to teach them the truth about "the truth."

Please keep us posted every step of the way.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Welcome Crazyguy

Do not bring up doctrinal issues in front of your wife (or any other JW) for the time being. Also, I will echo ruderedhead's advice: Contact a good divorce lawyer without alerting your wife. It may sound drastic but if your wife would really be willing to take your children over this, you need to be prepared for the worst.

Sorry you're going through this...Best of luck, please be careful.

• Splash
    Splash

Id love for you to ask the elders why they are demanding an in/out decision just because you are studious?

Talk about over-reaction!!!

In fact they only have one reaction for anything they are threatened by, and you are seeing it first hand.

I agree with those who have advised back-pedalling.

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Crazy.

As others have said. Stop writng letters. They only get fed back to the BOE who will hound you for 'apostacy(TM)'.

Don't try to force you r wife out of her delusion.

Use 'family study night(TM)' to research impossible questions. Use it to gradually wake her up....but be cautious.

I tried waking my wife up......so she left me! She now claims : 'Jehovah(TM) is on my side!' This just shows the depth of the delusion.

Anyway. You've been given some great advice here.

Peace.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome Crazy, I've read a lot of similar stories to your on here....hope they can help you.

Wish you all the best, it's a tough path you are on, good luck to you

• cha ching
    cha ching

Dear Crazy,

I am so sorry for you.

When I asked questions of friends, they all looked at me like a deer in the headlights, and started shaking, said I should talk to the elders for answers... I was surprised, and said "oh, I need to do some research to "build myself up."

Never go to another "elder's meeting." They have the power, you don't.

I had Post Traumatic Stress from one that I went to, and that was about a brother stealing from me, not doctrine. They lied to me.

There is no logical reasoning.

Even if you have the WT publications to "back you up," even if "you are right," it doesn't matter.

Follow everyone else's advice, go slow, fade, don't say much, do not write letters to anyone, show your wife love. Ask questions of your kids (later, later, later). Fade.

Just say "I love Jehovah."

So sorry.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I too am so sorry about this. I too suggest you pled a breakdown.And stop asking questions
    they dont like ( against them) they WILL tell your wife to leave you.STOP writing to the" Heads"
    they WILL df you.

I also think if you can find a good lawyer it might help,because holding your children would be blackmail
    "Come back to our teachings OR you wont see the kids" It has happened many times to others
    They will even help hide her & the kids

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit