Elder and MS Extortion!

by jw07 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Very good questions steve2
    - It was a request

- No consequences, it was just stated that our faith should move us to help as much as we can towards the objective.

- NOTHING in writing was presented, account information was provided for the deposits. We were asked to take down the account info and to call certain elders if there were issues.

- The coordinator did not read from any paper, he just spoke to us.

Sounded very Nigerian to me (no offence intended to any Nigerian natives).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Weird...

• Comatose
    Comatose

Keep us in the know. All very baffling. Suspect something underhanded.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Must be a scam

• Glander
    Glander

Something doesn't smell good. your questions are legitimate -

Why do they need that money? Why so secretive? What the hell is going on?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I agree that you should contact the CO or DO, this definitely sounds like a scam.. You could ask to see the letter from the Society if there is one, you could say that you just want to 'make sure of all things', as nobody should ever be expected to give money to an unknown cause.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Did they give a reason? Donate first, ask questions later?

• *lost*
    *lost*

FISHY - if anyone else was asking for the money it would be stated what the money is for, no secrecy. I would be inclined to push for the knowledge for what it is exactly for. Put them on the spot and make them tell you what it is for. Only fair. They have billions and are scamming people left right and centre. they are getting to sound so much like the RC Church. Money money money. Just give us your money, no wuestions asked. YOUR FAITH SHOULD MOVE YOU. STINKS. sorry. when it comes to money you cannot trust anyone.

Reminds me of church in our area that needed a new roof, lol. Representatives came around and told us each family haad to pay a certain amount. However, we were very lucky as we could pay it in installments !!!!!!!!! ha hahaahhaa. Did not happen.

• jgnat
    jgnat

*lost*, I bet that was a catholic church. They live under the illusion that nearly everyone is catholic and I do hear that they demand donations from their members.

• mind blown
    mind blown

An elder in my old congregation was DF'd for embezzlement. Not sure if it was from the Cong or not. To top it off, he was one of the elders in my JC.... I didn't find out about his status or why, until months after I was offically out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit