AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Powerful !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Grace is my alternative Granny. Even if we don't agree on everything I still love her to bits, so don't bring her into this.

"finding common ground with our objectives" + "we are religiously-neutral" = cog dis for me.

As I see it, the only 'common ground' is disagreement with the WT church's teachings, not an agreement on better alternatives for the teachings/rules of the GB's sad little cult.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Black Sheep, when Cedars mentioned convention billboards I remembered that thread and Grace's words:

I'm sure they did think I was a kook (I am)
    BUT!!!! when I went to the PA exjw convention, it was music to my ears
    when others stood up & said it was what was on the Pickters signs that made them
    start thinking ,& it helped them OUT!!!! of the trap, So I dont care what anyone thinks of
    ME!!!!!! I care what they think of the CREATOR!!!!!

And that was an interesting thought to me, how it had worked.

Alec

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

OMG I can't wait to volunteer as I'm a hell of an administrator and writer, and am so happy to correspond with people who want advice, but I have so far to go down the path first, and so much of my own garbage to sort out (you all have been under the WT thumb so you know what I mean) that it might be a while before I volunteer. But volunteer I will, believe me.

I know you guys won't be pushing your volunteers to do more, more more now now now it's never been more URGENT! like the WT cult, so I'm sure you'll be there when I'm ready to help.

I think it's a great idea, and so many other refugees from other religions have created similar organisations, I'm glad there's a JW one! No weapon formed against you will prevail. I believe this a great work, a work like Jesus did when he exposed religous hypocrisy! More power to you, Cedars, and to Paul and all the others.

PS I recognise quite a few of the faces in your YouTube. Become to WT what Martin Luther was to Catholicism.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone!

nugget - Where are the volunteer forms?

http://jwactivists.org/volunteer/

Cedars

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I is glad to be on board!

It was great to see the final vid Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Punkofnice - I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for your performance!

Cedars

• thinking_ability
    thinking_ability

This is great!! Any ideas how we can support while still remaining 'undercover'?

• cedars
    cedars

thinking_ability

This is great!! Any ideas how we can support while still remaining 'undercover'?

Well, all details you send to AAWA are kept strictly confidential, and the questionnaire form on the above link includes an option for those who want to work "undercover" - i.e. while still inside the organization.

Cedars

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Julia - I love Pauls' beautiful Australian accent pop up! I can't help it, I love our Accent.

I am so embarrassed watching it. Some of the others involved are so much more dynamic. I need lessons in speaking to a video camera.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit