2014 increase in Memorial Partakers to 14,121

by jwfacts 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

For far too many centuries leaders of end-times cults have faced the same old dilemma:

How to keep the focus on the nearness of the end whilst needing to buy enough time to stretch out their credibility over the passing years to bolster their desperate claims to have the exclusively "true" interpretation about how near the end is. Pity these fools whose promised day never arrives.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

What would happen if the Governing Body decided to eliminate the emblems over the next few years?

One reason I think the number are increasing is that most people don't want to spend an eternity on Earth. Why not want to be heaven bound? Don't people now have just as much of a chance in this lottery as those who lived two thousand years ago? Perhaps most people see it as a competition. Many have the heavenly hope, but few will actually be called to be a part of it. If so, that means that everyone has an equal shot at it. And just because millions of Christians have lived over the years, the 144,000 could be drawn out from every age of man.

The leadership is not being rational. Why should earlier-day saints be chosen over the latter-day saints®? Doesn't everyone deserve the same chance?

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

"For far too many centuries leaders of end-times cults have faced the same old dilemma:

How to keep the focus on the nearness of the end whilst needing to buy enough time to stretch out their credibility over the passing years to bolster their desperate claims to have the exclusively "true" interpretation about how near the end is."

Steve this is true but those end time cults didn't have the internet to deal with.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller." - w2000 1/15, p. 12 

This reminds me of a joke: There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good and math and those that aren't!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

If any one posted it on this thread, I missed it.

Who can lay their hands on the WT quote(s) that the declining number of Memorial Partakers is one of the positive proofs that we are in "the Last Days"?

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

@Oubliette

At JW Facts it mentions the Jan. 15, 2000 Watchtower, page 13:

"Six Convincing Lines of Evidence" that we are in the Last Days. … 
    Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller."

Also, I love this JW Facts remark in response to the Watchtower suggesting that newly anointed may be mentally or emotionally unbalanced:

The irony of such statements is that the Watchtower Governing Body are all of the anointed, and each of the members were themselves anointed after 1935.

• prologos
    prologos
    Why are the local leaders so assiduously counting these anomalies? Is increase all that counts? are these numbers not already screened at the local for the clear nut cases? whatever , it is as meaningful as counting the words in the Bard's stanzas, story statistics.   
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Wow - more partakers now than there was in 1960.

I note the rise in the years preceding 1975 as well.

Of course there are a number of whack jobs and fakes partaking now but come on!

• steve2
    steve2
    Back in the 1960s, a lovely elderly sister who had been in the "truth" since the early 1920s made it clear she did not need to read the Watchtower like the other sheep had to because as one of the remnant she already "knew" what it said.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Seeing that the Watchtower alters its embarrassing statements it makes me wonder why they simply don't fake the numbers to anything that would be consistent with their doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit